7 Best Free PNG to SVG Converter Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free software to convert PNG to SVG for Windows. A PNG or Portable Network Graphics image is scalar by nature and in order to convert it to a vector image format like SVG, you need these PNG to SVG converter software. Through some of these converters, you can also perform batch image conversion to convert multiple PNG images to SVG format at once. Another good thing about these software is that they all support multiple image formats like BMP, JPG, TIFF, TGA, PCX, PIX, DPX, etc.
In these software, you can also modify input PNG images before starting the conversion. To edit images, these software offer various image editing and drawing tools like line, shapes, freehand, color, rotate, flip, resize, color levels, saturation, and more. For further enhancing input images, these converters provide predefined image filters like sepia, blur, painting, ripple, oil painting, and more.
The process of using these software is quite straightforward. Plus, editing tools provided by these converters are quite easy to operate. I have also included the PNG to SVG conversion steps in the description of each software. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite PNG to SVG Converter Software For Windows:
RealWorld Paint is my favorite software because it offers some handy image editing and drawing tools. Plus, it is quite easy to convert a PNG image to SVG format through this software. I also like its ability to support a wide range of image formats like GIF, JPEG, TIFF, ICO, and more.
ImBatch is another good software that you can try as it allows you to batch convert PNG to SVG at a time. In addition to batch image format conversion, it also lets you batch edit PNG images prior to conversion.
RealWorld Paint is a free PNG to SVG converter software for Windows. As its name suggests, it is a painting software through which you can create drawings and various graphical designs. Most of the drawing tools provided by this software can also be used to edit/ annotate input PNG image before converting it to the SVG format. Some of the editing and drawing tools which it offers are Shapes, Brush, Spray, Color Palette, Image Effects, Layers, Mask, etc.
This software supports images of various formats like WebP, BMP, GIF, JPEG, TIFF, ICO, and more.
How to convert PNG to SVG using RealWorld Paint:
- Start RealWorld Paint and press the Open button to load a PNG image.
- Now, make desired modifications to input PNG image by using available drawing and editing tools.
- After making the required modifications, use the Save As option to export the PNG image in SVG format.
- Create Animation: This feature allows you to create 2D animations using multiple images as animation frames. After creating an animation, you can export it in animated PNG, animated WebP, and animated GIF formats.
- Watermark: It lets you add both text and image watermarks over images.
It is a feature-rich software to create drawings and edit input images of various formats, which you can also use to convert PNG to SVG.
ImBatch is another free software to batch convert PNG to SVG for Windows. Through this software, you can also convert multiple PNG images to SVG format at a time as it allows batch image processing. It also gives you all the necessary tools to edit input PNG images before converting it to the SVG format. It offers editing tools in the form of Tasks like Lens Effect, Mosiac Effect, Resize, Rotate, Blur, Equalize, Exposure, Color Levels, etc. You can access the editing and conversion tasks from its Add Tasks menu. Apart from PNG and SVG, this software supports many other input and output image formats like TGA, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, PNM, PCX, HDR, and more.
How to batch convert PNG to SVG using ImBatch:
- Initiate ImBatch and press the Add New images button to load multiple PNG images to it.
- After that, add editing tasks from its Add Tasks menu, if you want to modify input PNG images.
- Next, add the Save As task and specify the destination directory location along with the output file type (SVG).
- Lastly, hit the Run batch processing button to start the batch PNG to SVG conversion.
- EXIF/IPTC Editor: Through this feature, you can manually edit input metadata of images like focal length, shutter speed, white balance, camera information, aperture, and more.
This software is only free for non-commercial use.
It is another good PNG to SVG converter software that also allows you to edit and convert multiple images at once.
Converseen is a free open source PNG to SVG converter software for Windows and Linux. It is mainly a batch image converter software through which you can also perform batch image resizing. Before starting the conversion process, you can adjust the output image quality by going to its Image Settings panel. Besides this, it also offers a Preview panel that lets you view all the input images of different formats like PNG, GIF, JPG, PIX, DPX, EXR, and more.
How to batch convert PNG to SVG using Converseen:
- Launch this software and press the Open Images button to load one or more PNG images.
- After that, go to the Convert to menu and select the SVG format.
- Next, go to Image settings to specify the output image quality.
- Lastly, press the Convert button to start the process of PNG to SVG conversion.
- Replace Transparent Background: In the case of input images with a transparent background, you can use this feature to replace the transparent background of input images with a specific color.
It is one of the simplest software through which you can quickly convert multiple PNG images to SVG format.
LibreOffice Draw is another free open source PNG to SVG converter for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Through this software, you can view, edit, and convert one PNG image to SVG format at a time. To edit images, it provides multiple painting and editing tools like Color Fill, Symbols, Transformation Tools, Text Tools, Shapes (rectangle, ellipse, pentagon, block, etc.), and more. After editing an input PNG image, you can save it in SVG, or other supported formats like BMP, GIF, PDF, WMF, etc.
LibreOffice Draw is a part of the LibreOffice Suite that offers other LibreOffice software like LibreOfficeCalc, LibreOffice Writer, LibreOffice Impress, etc. You can use these free software to create or edit documents, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
How to convert PNG to SVG using LibreOffice Draw:
- Launch this software and press the Open button to load a PNG image.
- After that, you can edit the input PNG image using available image editing tools.
- Now, go to the Export menu and select SVG as the output format.
- Lastly, click on the OK button to start the conversion process.
- Color Replacer: According to its name, this feature is used to replace the color of a part of an image with another color defined by the user.
- Extension Manager: Through this feature, you can add, manage, and delete extensions of this software.
It is another decent PNG to SVG converter software through which you can easily edit and convert PNG images to SVG format.
GIMP is the next free open source software to convert PNG to SVG for Windows, Linux, and macOS. It is also an ideal good software to edit input images of various formats like JPEG, BMP, TIFF, ICO, TGA, EMF, ODG, and more. To edit images, it provides editing tools like layers, resize, flip, colors, color balance, exposure, paint tools, etc. In addition to editing tools, it offers various inbuilt image filters such as Colorize, Sepia, Blur, Poster, Negative, Kaleidoscope, Paint, etc.
By default, GIMP does not let you export an image to SVG format. To resolve this problem, you need to first paste a GIMP plugin named file-svg-export.py to the Plugins folder of GIMP. After that, restart GIMP and start exporting PNG or other images to SVG format.
How to convert PNG to SVG using GIMP:
- Launch this software and load a PNG image by using its Open option.
- After that, you can edit the input PNG image using available image editing tools.
- Now, go to File menu > Export as option and choose SVG as the output image format.
- Lastly, press the Export button to start the PNG to SVG conversion.
- Measure: Using it, you can measure the distance between any two points present over an input image.
- Swap Colors: It lets you quickly replace a specific color present over the image with some other color.
- Animation: Through this feature, you can create simple animations using multiple images or drawn frames.
It is a feature-rich image editing software through which you can make desired changes to input PNG image before converting it to the SVG format.
Microsoft Expression Design
Microsoft Expression Design is yet another free PNG to SVG converter software for Windows. Through this software, you can edit as well as convert images of different formats like PNG, JPG, BMP, ICO, SVG, PSD, and more. To edit images, you can use its inbuilt Drawing and Image Transformation tools like pen, slice, color dropper, color palette, align, rotate, flip, resize, etc.
How to convert PNG to SVG using Microsoft Expression Design:
- Start this software and press the Open button to load a PNG image to this software.
- Next, make desired changes to an input PNG image using available editing tools like pen, align, rotate, etc.
- Now, go to File > Export menu and select the SVG format. It’s Export menu also gives you options to adjust image resolution, text, and some effects of the image.
- In the end, enter the destination location path in the output field and click on the Export All button to start the conversion.
- Layers: It allows you to create complex designs by joining parts of a design present over multiple layers together.
- Objects: It offers multiple tools through which you can create new and edit existing objects.
It is a simple and easy to use PNG to SVG converter software that anyone can use without putting much effort. You can also create beautiful graphic designs using this software.
Inkscape is a free open source vector graphics editor software that can also be used to convert PNG to SVG. It works on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
As it is a vector graphics editor, thus it offers various editing tools which you can use to make modifications to an input PNG image before converting it to the SVG format. To make modifications to an input image, it provides Create 3D Shapes, Draw Freehand, Fill Bounded Areas, Layers, Edit Paths, Tweak Objects, etc., tools.
This software supports images of various formats like EPS, TGA, EMF, ODG, JPG, ICO, PNM, and more.
How to convert PNG to SVG using Inkscape:
- Start Inkscape and select the Open option to load a PNG image.
- Next, use available editing and drawing tools to make desired modifications to an input PNG image.
- Now, move to Save as option and select the SVG format.
- Lastly, press the OK button to initiate SVG to PNG conversion.
- Gcodetools: Using it, you can generate gcode of a vector design which you can feed to a 3D printer to create a physical 3D model of the design.
- Filters: It is a menu that contains various inbuilt image filters which you can directly apply over an input image to give it a distinct look. Some of the image filters that this menu contains are Bevels, Color, Distort, Colorize Turbulent, Brushed Metal, Chrome, etc.
It is another free and feature-rich PNG to SVG converter software through which you can create vector graphics and also perform image format conversions like PNG to SVG, PNG to TGA, and more.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014