6 Best Free STL Viewer Android Apps
Here is a list of best free STL Viewer Android Apps. STL or Standard Tesselation Language is a type of CAD file format that carries 3D models. Although unlike most other CAD files, it mainly describes the surface geometry of a 3D model. If you want to view and analyze 3D models of an STL file, you need these STL viewer apps.
Through these apps, you can easily view and interact with 3D models of an STL file. Although some of these apps also support STEP, IGES, PLY, Gcode, etc., files. Now to view 3D models, these apps offer viewing modes (wireframe, point, shaded, etc.) and perspective-changing tools. With the help of viewing modes, users can highlight the surface, internal structure, and both at the same time. Using perspective-changing tools, you can view a model from a specific direction like top, bottom, right, left, etc. Plus, pinch to zoom and touch model rotation features are also present in these apps. Besides these primary features, you also get light adjustment and model animation features.
These apps also offer some additional features through which you can take model screenshots and record 3D models. Now, check out the main features of these apps.
My Favorite STL Viewer Android App:
Graphite is my favorite app because it contains all the essential tools to view and analyze 3D models of an STL file. Plus, it also lets you make precise model scaling and rotation adjustments.
Graphite is a free STL viewer Android app. Using this app, you can view 3D models present in STL and GCode files. Besides this, it doesn’t support any other file formats. Similar to other apps, it also comes with various Display and Perspective View modes. Now, check out the main features of this STL viewer Android app.
- Display Mode: It contains three display modes namely Solid, Wireframe, and Highlight Edge. The Solid mode shows the outer structure of a model. The Wireframe mode shows both outer and internal structures. On the other hand, Highlight Edge mode shows a mix of solid and wireframe views.
- Perspective: It lets you quickly change the perspective of a model by using predefined options like front, back, left, right, isometric, etc.
- Edit Model Tools: With the help of these tools, you can move a model, make precise model scale adjustment, and rotate a model.
- Touch Support: Users can also interact with models, move models, and scale a model using touch operations like pinch to zoom, hold and move to change position of a model, etc.
- Screenshot: Use it to take screenshots of loaded models that you can save in the PNG image format.
It is one of the best free STL Viewer Android apps that come with multiple useful 3D model viewing and analyzing features.
Fast STL Viewer
Fast STL Viewer is another free STL viewer Android app. In this app, you can easily view and analyze 3D models present in SLT files. To view and analyze 3D models, it offers various viewing tools along with viewing models that you can easily use. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- Viewing Modes: This app offers various conventional viewing modes such as Wireframe (it shows the internal and outer structure of a model), Shaded (it shows the outer surface of the model with shades), and Points (it shows the model in the form of points).
- View Tools: Using view tools, you can view a model from different directions like top, bottom, left, right, back, etc.
- Touch Zoom and Orientate: You can also zoom and orientate a model by touching the screen.
- Boundaries: This tool calculates and shows you the total number of boundaries an STL model contains.
- Separate: It calculates and shows the total number of unconnected meshes.
- Some features of this app such as Volume and Colors are locked. To use locked features, you need to purchase its premium version.
It is another good STL viewer app for Android that anyone can use to view and analyze SLT file models.
STL View 2.0
STL View 2.0 is another good STL viewer Android app. In this app, you can load and view multiple STL file models. Plus, it can also take advantage of Gyroscope to change the orientation of a model. In it, you can find many other STL file model viewing and analyzing tools. Now, check out the main features of this Android app.
- Color Palette: Using it, you can select any color to apply over the loaded SLT file model.
- Set View: Through this feature, you can easily view a model from any angle like front, back, top, bottom, etc.
- Lock/ Unlock Orientation: It is another good feature that lets you lock or unlock the orientation of a 3D model.
- Model Stats: It shows three main stats of an input STL file model namely Vertex Count, Triangle Count, and Memory Footprint.
- Options: This section offers additional features through which you can quickly adjust smooth shading orthographic projection, and visible checkboard.
It is another good STL viewer Android app that comes with all the essential tools to view a 3D model of an STL file.
3D Viewer is another free STL viewer Android app. In this app, you can also view 3D models of OBJ and DAE files. To view models, it offers an interactive viewing area along with many viewing models and animations. Plus, it also lets you view a model in changing light conditions for 3D model analysis. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this app.
- Viewing Modes: Using it, you can quickly toggle between various viewing modes like Wireframe, Points, Skeleton, and Faces. All the modes highlight different aspects of a 3D model structure.
- Animate Light: It quickly changes the light source over an imported SLT file model that helps you analyze the looks of a model in different light conditions.
- Transformation view: This app also lets you transform model view by performing actions like change model orientation, zoom on model, change model position, etc.
- Stereoscopic view: This feature lets you view a model in 3D and VR modes using 3D glasses.
- Toggle Texture: Using it, you can apply only of many inbuilt textures over the imported STL file model.
It is another capable STL viewer Android app that comes with various useful tools to view and analyze STL file models.
CAD Assistant is another free STL viewer Android app. As its name implies, it mainly a CAD viewer app in which you can view 3D models present in STL, STEP, IGES, PLY, etc., file formats. To view 3D models, it offers various viewing tools and modes that you can use with ease. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- Display Mode and Material View: With the help of these sections, you can switch between various viewing models like material (to switch between material type), texture (to change surface texture of a model), deflection (to change light deflection), wireframe (to view both internal and external structure), and more.
- Slice: Use it to slice or cut a 3D model in half to view the internal structure.
- Touch Orientation: This app also lets users change the orientation of a 3D model by touching and moving the finger over the screen.
- Measure: Through this tool, you can find out the distance between any two points over a model.
- Save: Use it to save a model in STL or to other supported formats like OBJ, MSH, WRL, and PLY.
It is another good CAD app for Android in which you can view and analyze CAD files of various formats.
STL Master is yet another free STL viewer android App. In this app, you cannot only view and analyze 3D model of STL files but also record and take screenshots of them. It contains various colors for both the 3D models and the background. After creating the right combination, you can record models with your audio. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- Model Colors: Using it, you can quickly select one of various available colors for the loaded STL file model such as Silver, Gold, Blue, Gray, and more.
- Background Color: It lets you toggle between blue and white background colors.
- Full Screen: It removes all the distractions from its interface and only shows the main 3D model.
- Record: Use it to record the model in various color configurations.
- Screenshot: It helps you take screenshots of a loaded 3D model.
- Touch Movement: This app lets users change the orientation of the loaded model through touch gestures.
It is another easy to use STL viewer Android app that anyone can use to view 3D models of STL files.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014