Here is a list of best free YUV player software for Windows. YUV is a color encoding system that encodes a video or image according to the human perception of color. YUV encoding is similar to RGB encoding, but it uses different components namely Y (brightness) and U & V (colors). Video files encoded with this method are called YUV videos. To play YUV videos, you need these listed YUV player software as not all standard video players support this format. Apart from YUV videos, you can also view YUV images through some of these software.
In these YUV players, you get all standard video playback features such as play/pause, stop, next frame, seekbar, etc. In some software, you can also change the pixel format, resolution, frame rate, and other parameters of a video. Plus, YUV videos of different pixel formats (YV16, YV24, UYVY, YUY2, etc.) are also supported by most of these players. A few of these software also offer YUV toggle feature that lets you play one component (Y, U, or V) of a YUV video at a time. Besides this, these players also offer some additional features such as rendering, logging, save frame, etc. In general, all of these YUV players are quite capable yet simple to use. Go through the list to know more about these players.
My Favorite YUV Player Software For Windows:
YUV Toolkit is my favorite software because it can play a wide range of YUV pixel formats. Apart from YUV, it also lets you play various RGB formats. It also offers all essential YUV video playing features.
YUV Player is another good software that you can try as it also supports both YUV and RGB video formats.
You can also check out lists of best free Subtitle Video Player, CDG Player, and 4K Video Player software for Windows.
YUV Toolkit is a free open source YUV player software for Windows and macOS. With the use of this player, you can easily play YUV videos of various YUV pixel formats such as YV12, YV16, YV24, UYVY, YUY2, NV12, and more. Apart from YUV pixel formats, it also supports some RGB formats like RGB24, RGBX32, XRGB32, etc. In this player, you can also find some analysis features along with essential video playback features.
- Playback: This software offers all essential playback features which you need to play a YUV video such as Play/Pause, Seek Beginning, Step Back, Step Forward, Step Forward Fast, and more.
- Show: It allows you to view one YUV video component (Y, U, or V) of a video at a time.
- Compare: It is the main analysis feature of this software that allows you to play multiple YUV videos side by side to analyze similarities and differences in their color profile.
- Video Source Options: By using this feature, you can change the Format, FPS, and Resolution of a YUV video.
- Renderer: This feature allows you to change the default rendering engine of a video with either OpenGL or D3D engine.
- Logging: This software keeps track of all the activities performed in it. To view all the information about the performed activities, you can use this feature.
It is a really good YUV player software that offers all standard features along with some handy analyzing features.
Home Page Download Page
YUV Player is another free open source YUV player software for Windows. Using this player, you can play RAW YUV and UYUV video files. Along with the video, you can view the real-time frame count of a YUV video in it. The good thing about this software is its ability to play videos of up to 1080p resolution. It can also be used to view YUV images which is another handy feature of this YUV player.
This software supports both YUV Scalar (YUV420, Y, YUV444, and YUV422) and YUV Packed (NV21, UYVY, and NV12) formats along with the RGB (RGB16, RGB24, and RGB32) pixel formats.
- Video Controls: At the bottom part of this player, you can find all the essential video controls such as Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, etc.
- Size: Using it, you can view a video in different sizes like WVGA (832*480), VGA (640*480), 720P (1280*720), etc.
- Color: Using it, you can change the default YUV color profile of a video to some other color profile such as YUV420 10bitLE, YUV 444, NV21, etc.
- Zoom: It lets you zoom a YUV video according to available zoom ratios like 4:1, 2:1, 1:2, etc.
- Save: Using it, you can save frames of a YUV video in both YUV and RGB color formats.
- Segment: It lets you create Red, Green, and Blue colored segments over a video for the analysis purpose.
It is another one of the best free YUV player software that offers all essential YUV video viewing features.
Home Page Download Page
Avarex YUV Player
Avarex YUV Player is yet another free YUV player software for Windows, Linux, and macOS. It is a portable YUV player that you can use without installing it to your system. It is also simple and easy to use YUV player in which you can easily load and play YUV videos of different pixel formats like YUV 420, YUV 422, YUV 444, etc. This software also allows you to change the YUV pixel format during the playback of a YUV video. Besides this, other important YUV video playing features are also present in it.
- Playback Features: On the main interface of this player, you can view all the essential video playback features like Play, Pause, Seek bar, Next Frame, End Frame, etc.
- YUV Toggle: Using it, you can view one component of a YUV video at a time namely Y, U, and V components.
- Parameters: It allows you to adjust the Resolution, YUV Pixel Format, and Frame Rate of a YUV video.
- Save: It lets you save frames of a YUV video in the BMP image format.
It is a simple YUV player software through which you can easily play YUV videos of different YUV pixel formats.
Home Page Download Page
YUV File Player
YUV File Player is the next free YUV player software for Windows. It is also a portable software that you can directly use from a portable storage device like a flash drive, portable HDD, etc. This YUV player is quite simple to use and you can easily load and play a YUV video using it.
- Open Video: This feature is mainly used to load a YUV video in this software. However, it also offers some features namely Resolution, Frame Rate, and Format (4:2:0 and 4:2:2) to adjust different video parameters before playing it.
- Play: It is a menu that offers tools to play, pause, or change the playback speed of a YUV video.
- View: Using it, you can play a video in Combined (to play a video with all three Y, U, and V components) and Separate (to play Y, U, and V components of a video in separate sections) fields.
It is another decent YUV player that you can try if you need to a straightforward YUV player software.
Home Page Download Page
YUV Player Deluxe
YUV Player Deluxe is one more free YUV player software for Windows. Using this software, you can play uncompressed planar YUV videos along with RAW, CIF, and QCIF videos. The main interface of this software is quite similar to a video player software that contains basic video playback tools. Let’s take a look at the features of this YUV player.
- Playback Features: This software provides essential playback features like Play/Pause, Stop, Previous Frame, Next Frame, First Frame, Last Frame, Seek Bar, etc.
- Settings: By going to the settings panel of this software, you can play a YUV video in different YUV pixel formats (YUV420, YUV422, YUV444, etc.), change frame size, and vary FPS of a video.
- YUV Toggle: It allows you to play all three YUV components (Y, U, and V) together as well as separately.
- Save Frame: According to its name, this feature allows you to save a frame of a YUV video in the BMP image format.
It is another standard YUV player software through which you can make some changes to a YUV video before playing it. Home Page Download Page