Here is a list of best free medical billing software for Windows. Medical billing is a healthcare practice through which hospitals create medical bills according to different treatments and services received by patients. In most software, you can create bills for patients and for insurance companies who will pay on behalf of patients. In both cases, you need to provide various details like Doctor Charges, Treatment Charges, Receipt Code & Number, Mode Of payment, etc. Once all important details are filled, you can easily save bill in the database or directly print it. In some software, you can also submit and follow up patient’s healthcare claims to their healthcare companies. To claim insurance, you need to fill all the pre-claim information of patient like insurance type, insurance company, patient’s personal information, etc.
In these software, you can also find many hospital and practice management features like management of patients information, channeling services, doctor appointments, scheduling appointments, and more. Overall, all medical billing software are pretty easy to use. Go through the list to find the most suitable medical billing software for you.
My Favorite Medical Billing Software For Windows:
VistA-Edge is my favorite software because it not only lets you create medical bills, but it also lets you generate medical insurance claims. Plus, it also allows you to create separate bills for patients and insurance companies.
You can also check out lists of best free Medical Manager, Medical Spell Checker, and Patient Management software for Windows.
VistA-Edge is a free medical billing software for Windows. It is also used as a practice management software through which you can manage the day to day activity of a medical clinic. To create bills or billing receipts, you can use the Payment section of this software. In the Payment section, you can create payment receipts by filling details like Receipt date from/to, Payor Type (Patient, Insurance, and Capitation), Payment Mode (Cash, Cheque, Credit card, and Electronic method), Payment Amount, Receipt Code, Receipt Number, etc. However, according to the selected payor type method, you need to fill some additional fields. For example, if you select Patient as payer type, you need to add patient personal details along with payment code, adjustment code, and co-pay code. After creating the receipt, you can save it by pressing the Save button. This Payment section also provides a Posting sub-section, to send a complete bill of a patient to the insurance company which contains names of all procedures, charges of procedures, serving date, deductions, etc.
In this medical billing software, you get some other important sections like Pre Claim info (to enter all important details of patients required to generate insurance claim), Generate Claim (to generate insurance claim of patients), Registration (to add new patients to the database of this software), Receipt (to search all billing receipts between any two dates), etc. As this software also acts as practice management software, it also contains many practice management features like Appointments (to schedule and manage patients appointments), Provider (to manage information of suppliers and their associates), Insurance Companies (to manage and update information of various associated insurance companies), etc.
Home Page Download Page
OpenClinic GA is a free open source free medical billing software for Windows. This software is also used as a hospital information management software. It is a very comprehensive software and covers a lot of aspects of a hospital like Nursing, Patient information, New patients registration, Medical summary, Assets, Statistics, etc. including Financial aspects that contains billing, invoices, etc. In order to create and manage bills and payments, go to its Application > Financial section. In the Financial section, you get various subsections to handle one aspect of finances at a time like Patient Payment, Insurer Payment, Patient Debit, Patient Invoices, etc.
Let’s have look at the important sections of this medical billing software:
- Patient Payment: Using it, you can create a bill of total amount which is to be paid by a patient. There are also multiple payment options available that you can use to select for a patient like patient by check, payment through an insurance company, payment through third party, etc.
- Insurer Payment: From this section, you can select the patient insurance company and specify the final amount insurance company needs to pay. Payment type can also be selected from here.
- Patient Invoices: From here, you can view previous invoices of patients or create new invoice according to patient payment details.
- Insurer Payment: In it, you can create invoices for insurance companies who will pay patient bills.
Apart from these main financial aspects, you can manage other financial aspects like invoices patient share coverage, invoices complementary insurers, credit for the complementary insurer, etc. Besides financial aspects, you can manage patients information, medical summary, nursing, documents, and more.
Home Page Download Page
Advance Hospital Management
Advanced Hospital Management System is a free and open source hospital management software that can also be used as a medical billing software. Using this software, you can manage Inpatients, Outpatients, Channeling Services, Payments, Reports, etc. In order to manage and create bills, it provides a dedicated Manage Payments section. This section provides two subsections namely Inpatients and Outpatients.
- The Inpatient subsection is used to create and manage bills of admitted patients. In it, you can create bills by submitting all patients’ Admissions Details (Admission ID, Patient ID, Assigned Doctor, Ward no. room no. etc.) and Billing Details (Doctor Charge, Treatment Charges, Service Charges, Room Charges, VAT, Discount, etc.). After making the bill, you can either save it or directly print it using the Print option.
- The Outpatient subsection is used to create bills for those patients who are not admitted to the hospital for their treatments. Inside this subsection, you need to fill only a few personal details (Name, Surname, Account type, and patient ID) and billing details (Doctor Charge, Hospital Charge, VAT, Discount, etc.). The created bill can easily be saved to the database of this software through the Save button or you can print bill through the Print button.
Overall, it is one of the simplest medical billing software. However, its lack of insurance billing feature is the main drawback of this software.
Home Page Download Page