4 Best Free Open Source Bug Tracking Tools For Windows
Here is a list of best free open source bug tracking tools for Windows. Through these software, you can store and track the entire life cycle of bugs from its origin until resolution. Most of these software also help testing and developer teams to collaborate with each other. A testing team can easily specify the type of bugs, priority of bugs, etc. After that, the developer team can view all the details reported by the testing team and start working on bugs. After working on the detected bugs the developer team can update the status. The Updated status can be viewed by the testing teams that help them track the entire bug-related issues. These software also offer some special administrator rights, through which an administrator can add new users, create or edit projects, overview all the projects, and assign projects to users.
A few of these bug tracking tools are built for a single user. Through these types of software, a user can add new bugs, specify the type of bugs, and track previous bugs and their progress. After that, you can save the entire project in your local storage. There are many other useful features that you can find in them such as public and private bug visibility, bug search tool, bug sort tool, etc. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite Open Source Bug Tracking Tools For Windows:
phpBugTracker is my favorite software because it offers all the necessary tools to track and update the status of bug projects. Plus, it offers a good medium to enable multiple teams to collaboratively work with one another.
phpBugTracker is a free open source bug tracking tool for Windows. To run this software, you also need a localhost and database software like XAMPP along with a web-browser to open up its interface. Through this software, a team of testers and developers can report bugs, see the status of the bug fix, set the priority of bug fix, and more. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- Customizable Bug Status: In this software, administrator and users can add more categories of bugs according to your requirements.
- Public and Private Bug Visibility: The administrator of this software can make bug reports available for all users or make them private for certain users.
- Projects: Using it, the administrator can create new bug projects and assign projects to a certain number of users.
- Resolutions: Through this feature, the users of this software can specify whether a bug is fixed or not along with a short description.
- Severities: Using it, users can highlight the severity of bugs by giving them labels such as Significant, Critical, Annoyance, etc.
- Priorities: With the use of this feature, the testing team can assign a priority of each bug so that developers will fix bugs of high priority first and then move to lower priority bugs.
- Status: This tab shows the current status of each bug project namely open project and closed project.
- Administrator Tools: Through administrator tools, the admin of this software can add users, specify the roles of users, create groups, etc.
It is a good open source bug tracking tool that offers all the necessary features to report and track the status of multiple bugs and associated projects.
WebIssues is another free open source bug tracking tool for Windows. It is a PHP based multi-platform bug tracking software. To run this software, you need web hosting software like XAMPP and a web browser. This software comes in two parts namely WebIssues Server and WebIssues Client Application. The WebIssues Server is essential to download, although if you don’t want to open up its interface in a web browser, then you can also download and install its WebIssues Client Application.
Through this software, a team of testers and developers can collaborate. It helps them report bugs, track the status of bugs, track issues with attributes, specify the new types of bugs, etc. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- Project: Using it, team members can create new bug projects and specify the behavior of bugs in the description of the project.
- Add Issue: Through this feature, the administrator can create different categories of issues that can be related to bugs and other software problems. Plus, the administrator can also assign issues to specific users.
- Bugs Reporting: At any time, users can easily report new bugs and change their status to active, unresolved, resolved, etc.
- Reports: In this software, you can also create detailed reports associated with bugs and their issues that you can also export.
- Search and Sort: Using these features you can easily find bug issues based on date and issue ID with ease.
It is clean and simple to use open-source bug tracking tool that offers a good set of bug tracking and reporting features.
Zentao is yet another free open source bug tracking tool for Windows. It is also used as a scrum and collaboration tool. It comes with its own server, thus it does not need any external software to create localhost. Like most other similar software it also lets multiple teams to collaboratively work on different bug associated projects. In addition to that, it also offers tools to track the entire software product and testing life cycle. Now, check out its main features.
- Project: Through this feature, the administrator can start a new bug, testing, and development associated projects and then assign to one or more users. The administrator can also attach files associated with the project that the assigned user can view.
- Bug: Using this tab, all the users can view bug associated issues assigned to them by the administrator. It also helps them view resolved bug issues.
- Tasks: Using it, users can view all the tasks assigned by the administrator and personal task created by the users themselves. From here, users can also track closed projects and tasks finished by users themselves.
- Test: Using it, users can update the results of testing on bugs and also close the bug issue.
- Product Report: Using it, you can generate various types of reports such as Bug Type of Product, Bug Solution of product, Progress, etc.
- DOC: In this section, you can view all the documents associated with various testing and bug projects.
- Admin: Using it, the administrator can add new users and configure other important project settings.
It is another capable open source bug tracking tool through which users can share bug testing status and track bug reports.
Quality Spy is one more free open source bug tracking tool for Windows. Using it, you cannot only update and track the status of bugs but also use it to create test strategies and to perform plan based testing. Unlike other similar bug tracking tools, it is built for personal use and doesn’t offer any collaboration features. Now, check out its main features.
- Project: From here, you can create new testing and bug projects and add various features that you need in the project such as bug tracker, test strategy, test plan, etc.
- Test Strategy: Using it, you can create various strategies to test a bug by specifying the test subject, purpose of the test, location of bug, acceptance criteria, etc.
- Test Plan: Through this feature, you can create various checklists to track bugs and plan methods of bugs testing. It also helps you store and view test results.
- Test Runs: It lets you run planned tests along with various predefined tests on bugs and other issues such as explorative tests, plan based tests, etc.
After performing the tests, you can locally save the entire project using the Save As option.
It is one of the simplest open source bug tracking tool through which you can track as well as prepare tests for bugs and other issues.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014