Here is a list of best free open source statistical software for Windows. Through these software, you can perform various statistical analysis tasks like any standard statistical software listed in this article. But, as these software are open source, you get the flexibility to download, study, and manipulate their source codes. These software can be used in many fields such as Environmental Statistics, Psychometrics, Business Analytics, and more.
The primary purpose of these software is to extract and give you all the desired statistics from a large set of data which you can analyze. To get the desired result for the analysis, you can perform tests on input dataset like ANOVA, T-Test, Regression, Frequencies, etc. In the result, you get output values which you can analyze to understand important statistics about input data. Apart from analysis, you can also plot graphs like Bar graph, Pie Charts, Area graphs, etc., to visualize relationships between multiple variables. After performing the statistical analysis, you can save the output data in formats like CSV, TXT, XML, etc.
My Favorite Open Source Statistical Software For Windows:
SOFA is my favorite software it provides all essential statistical analysis tools and features. Plus, it also offers a complete help guide to help users to use this software.
I also liked JASP as it also provides a good number of statistical tests to evaluate and analyze a dataset.
You can also check out lists of best free Social Network Analysis, Graph Analysis, and Stock Analysis software for Windows.
SOFA is a free open source statistical software for Windows. It is also known as Statistics Open For ALL. Using it, you can create and edit complex data sheets, create project tables, run statistical tests, make charts, etc. Plus, the main statistical analysis task can also be performed in it. This software also tries to make things as simple as possible for both advanced and novice users. Plus, it also offers a complete guide to use this software, that you can access by clicking on the Get Started button.
statistical, this software offers multiple sections namely Enter/Edit Data, Import Data, Report Tables, Charts, and Statistics.
Main Features of this open source statistical software:
Here are the important sections of this software which let you perform different activities related to statistical analysis:
- Enter/Edit Data: Using it, you can create a new table by entering the fresh data or edit an existing table by editing its existing data like name of tables, name of fields, data types, etc.
- Import data: It lets you import data from files of various formats such as TXT, CSV, TSV, XLS, ODS, etc. If you have an existing SOFA table, then you can also import it directly by providing its name.
- Report Tables: It allows you to create data list, row stats, frequency, and crosstabs custom tables. In it, you also get CSS Style files (pebbles, grey spiral, etc.) to customize the look of tables.
- Charts: As its name implies, it is used to create charts of dynamic nature of various types like Pie Chart, Area Chart, Bar Chart, Line Chart, etc.
- Statistics: It is the main statistical analysis section through which you can perform statistical tests like ANOVA, Chi-Squared, Mann-Whitney U, Paired T-test, etc.
After the statistical tests and analysis, you can export the output data or report in CSV, PDF, PNG, JPEG, etc. formats.
It is one of the best statistical analysis software as it offers a good amount of statistical tests and analysis features. Plus, it is easy to operate and also provides a complete guide with screenshots to use this software.
Home Page Download Page
JASP is another free and open source statistical software for Windows. It is a simple and intuitive software through which you can perform various Frequentist and Bayesian analysis tests like Anova, Binomial test, Regression, T-Tests, and more. This software also supports files of JASP, CSV, TXT, SAV, and ODS formats, using which you can import datasets to this software. On its interface, you get six main sections through which you can perform various types of analysis.
Let us take a brief look at available statistical sections of this open source statistical software:
- Descriptives: This section is used to perform reliability and descriptive analysis. After loading the data, you just need to select one or more variables to view descriptive and reliability analysis results. Along with the analysis result, it also provides output graphs (boxplot, distribution, correlation) and statistics (mean, mode, variance, etc.).
- T-Tests: Using it, you can perform multiple types of T-tests like Paired Sample T-test, Bayesian Paired Sample T-test, Independent Sample T-test, etc., on input datasets.
- ANOVA: ANOVA or Analysis Of Variance is a group of tests which are used to test if there exists a significant difference between variables. Types of ANOVA test that you can perform on data sets include Repeated Measures ANOVA, Bayesian ANOVA, etc.
- Regression: This test is performed to examine the relationship between one dependent and one independent variable. In this section, you get various types of regression tests which you can statistical on data, such as Linear Regression, Logistics Regression, Correlation Matrix, Bayesian Correlation Matrix, etc.
- Frequencies: Just like other sections, it also lets you perform various types of frequency analysis tests like Bayesian Binomial Test, Log-linear Regression, Multinomial Test, etc. You can use the results of different tests to analyze the frequency of data.
After performing various tests, you can use their results for the analysis. Plus, you can also easily export all the results of different tests in CSV and TXT files.
It is a beautifully designed software through which you can easily perform various statistical tests and use their results to analyze various aspects of input values and data sets.
Home Page Download Page
Jamovi is yet another free open source statistical software for Windows. This software is based on the R statistical language which provides the most accurate analysis results. It is primarily built for statistician and researchers so that they can perform various tests on input data and analyze output results.
This software is divided into two main categories namely Data and Analysis. By using the Data Section, you can add, edit, or delete data tables. In order to perform these operations, it provides tools like Insert Row, Append Row, Delete Variables, Add Variables, etc. In the Analysis section, you get various tabs through which you can perform various tests such as ANOVA, T-Test, Regression, Frequencies, etc.
Key features of this software:
Let’s take a look at all tabs of the Analysis section which let you perform various tests on input dataset:
- Exploration: Using it, you can explore one or more variables of input data or table and find out their descriptive values like Missing, Mean, Median, Maximum, Variance, Range, Shapiro-Wilk, etc. You can save the descriptive output result in CSV format.
- T-Tests: This test is used to compare two averages or mean to find out whether they are different or same. In this tab, you can select two or more table variables to see the mean difference, effective size, confidence interval, etc.
- ANOVA: This tab is used to find out significant differences between mean values if any. To find out the mean differences, you can perform ANOVA tests like One Way ANOVA, ANOVA, ANCOVA, MANCOVA, etc.
- Regression: Using it, you can find out differences between one or more dependent and one independent variable. To do that, you can perform Correlation Matrix, Linear Regression, N Outcomes, and more tests.
- Frequencies: It also contains various tests (Two Outcomes, N outcomes, etc.) which you can perform on data to find out a number of times an event occurred.
Data obtained in all different tests can be saved in CSV and OMV file formats.
It is another really good open source statistical software through which you can perform various tests on input data sets to find out conclusive results.
Home Page Download Page
gretl is the next free open source statistical software for Windows. It is mainly used to perform Econometric Analysis on relevant data sets. The good thing about this software is that it can take data from various different file formats such as ODS, DAT, XLSX, TXT, CSV, etc. As soon as you import the data, you can view rows and columns with the data on its interface. By using the right-click menu, you can view full summary statistics of the data such as median, minimum, mean, maximum, etc. of every individual row. Other information regarding the data which you can view from the right-click menu are Periodogram, Time Series Plot, Frequency Distribution, Correlogram, etc.
In this software, you get some dedicated statistical analysis tools such as Test Statistics Calculator, Non-Parametric Test, Statistical Table, etc. You can find all the statistical analysis tools in the Tools menu. Apart from statistical analysis, you can also plot Normal Q-Q Plot, Time Series Plot, Boxplot, Distribution Graphs, etc. You can easily save all plotted graphs in formats like PNG, EPS, PDF, etc. Plus, an option to directly print the graph is also available.
Once the analysis and graph plotting gets completed, you can save the data in Octave, CSV, Gretel Database File, etc.
This software contains some straightforward statistical analysis tools which you can easily use to evaluate important statistics about input data sets.
Home Page Download Page