5 Best Free Open Source Task Manager Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free open source task manager software for Windows. These task managers are similar to any standard task manager software that lets you view and manage system processes. As these are open source task managers, thus source code of these software is freely available that you can also edit.
The working of these software is similar to Windows default task manager software. Plus, you can find many standard task management features in these software like process monitoring, process termination, resume process, etc. However, some of these task managers offer advanced features that you don’t get in the default task manager application. Advanced features that you get in these software are schedule process termination time, task management of remote systems, traps for processes, and more. Along with processes, these task managers also show data associated with processes like PID, process path, running time, status, and more. In most managers, you can also view real-time CPU and memory usage.
Through some of these software, you can also monitor the network usage by each process and other associated data. In general, all these open source task managers are quite straightforward to use. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite Open Source Task Manager Software for Windows:
Daphne is my favorite software because it lets you monitor and terminate any system process or application that you want. In also offers advanced features like Set Process Priority, Traps, and Kill Politely At (to schedule process termination).
Daphne is a free open source task manager software for Windows. Using this software, you can track all the running processes and applications of a system in real-time. Plus, it also lets you kill any process or application that you want. Along with processes and applications, it also helps you track CPU usage.
Now, check out the main features of this open source task manager.
- Main Window: In the main window of this software, you can view all the running applications and processes along with their CPU usage, PID, peak memory usage, current memory usage, path of processes, total number of running processes, and more.
- Actions Menu: It offers various tools, through which you can kill programs, find the process of an application, hide applications, enable/disable applications, etc. After selecting a specific action, you just need to drag and drop the target icon over an application to perform the selected action.
- Set Priority: Use it, to change the default priorities of running processes and application to Low, Medium, High, or Real-Time priority.
- Full Path and Arguments: By enabling this feature, you can view the full source path of every running process along with all their arguments.
- Kill Politely At: Through this feature, you can schedule the time at which selected processes will automatically terminate.
- Traps: It is a handy tool through which you can create a trap for specific processes so that when they run this software can automatically execute user-defined actions like kill process, hide process, change priority, etc.
It is a feature-rich open source task manager software through which you can easily manage various aspects of system processes and applications.
Yet Another Process Monitor
Yet Another Process Monitor is another free open source task manager software for Windows. Using it, you can manage threads, modules, running tasks, processes, etc., of both local and remote systems. Apart from task management, it also lets you end or kill any task that you want.
- Job Management: Using it, you can adjust the parameters of the running processes like the priority of running processes, maximum memory usage of each process, the process running time, etc.
- Local and Remote Management: Through this software, you can manage the processes and applications of both local and remote systems with ease. In addition to that, it also offers a feature to shut down both the local and remote systems.
- Dependency Viewer: Using it, you can find out all the dependencies of a process or an application.
- Processes: In it, you can view all the idle and running processes of both local and remote systems. Plus, at any time, you can kill, resume, or pause processes with it. It also shows PID, CPU Usage, Thread Count, Priority, etc., parameters of processes.
- Network: In this section, you can view all the processes that are accessing the network along with their Protocol, Local Port Description, and State data (listening, established, close wait, etc.).
- Save: Using it, you can save all the monitored data (services, handles, threads, modules, etc.) in the TXT file format.
It is a very capable open source task manager software through which you can manage applications, processes, services, etc., of both local and remote systems.
Psymon is another free open source task manager software for Windows and Linux. It is a simple task manager software through which you can view and kill any system process or application that you want. Plus, it shows detailed information about every running and ideal system processes.
- Process Table: In this table, you can view all the stopped and running processes of your system. Plus, it also offers various parameters associated with every process like PID, Status (running or stopped), CPU Usage, Memory Usage, Start Time, CPU Time, Threads, and more. Besides this, you can use it to terminate any process that you want.
- Process Detailed Info: After selecting a specific process, you can go to this tab to view detailed information about it like CPU & memory usage graph, connection type, local address, status, thread ID, and more.
- CPU & Memory Info: In it, you can view CPU and Memory usage history graph.
- Disks Info: In it, you can view disk usage history graph along with names of disk partition, size of each partition, free space of each partition, and percentage of used disk.
- Network Info: In this feature, you can view all the processes which access the internet and the status of each process (listening, close wait, and established). Plus, a network usage history graph is also present in it.
It is a simple open source task manager through which you can monitor and manage system processes and applications.
Remote Process Explorer
Remote Process Explorer is the next free open source process task manager software for Windows. As its name implies, it is mainly used to explore and manage processes of a remote system. However, by entering the IP address of the base system, you can also manage its processes and applications. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- Processes: It shows the name of all the processes of a system, PID of processes, Size of processes, Session ID, Path of process, and more. Plus, an option to select and terminate one or more processes is also provided by it.
- Services: It is a dedicated service in which you can view both the running and stopped services of a system. It also gives you control to start or stop any service whenever you want.
- Open Files: Through this feature, you can access data and files of a remote system after establishing a stable connection.
- GPResult: It shows group policy results of a remote system like OS configuration, local profile, date of the last group policy, domain name, domain type, and more.
It is another easy to use open source task manager software through which you view and manage processes of a remote and local computer.
Task Manager: Ghost Edition
Task Manager: Ghost Edition is one more open source task manager software for Windows. It is also a portable software that you can use on the go without installing it to your system. Through this software, you can monitor and manage system processes and applications. In addition to that, it also shows real-time CPU and RAM usage on its interface.
- Monitoring Window: On its monitoring window, you can view all the running processes along with their memory usage, working status, and process id.
- End Task: After selecting a specific process from its monitoring window, you can press the End Task button to immediately terminate it.
- The Info feature of this software is not working due to an unhandled exception.
- Plus, it lacks many task management features.
It is a basic open source task manager software through which you can monitor and terminate processes that you want.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014