Here is a list of Best Free PDF to PS Converter Software for Windows. Using these free software, you can convert a Portable Document Format (PDF) file to Adobe PostScript (PS) image. Most of these software let you convert multiple PDF documents to PS images at a time. Some of these software also let you convert a multipage PDF file to individual PS images at once.
Many of the software on this list can also be used to modify input PDF file prior to conversion. You can use standard and advanced editing options to edit PDF, such as crop, rotate, mirror, resize, adjust DPI, apply filters, add watermark, etc. In a few of these software, you can even manually draw over PDF pages before conversion. To do so, you can use tools like pen, pencil, brush, fill bucket, shapes, line, etc. Besides that, you can even create a PDF or graphics file from scratch in some software.
Most of these software support a good number of input and output formats. So, you can easily convert a PDF to a lot other file formats such as JPG, ICO, PNG, GIF, TIFF, WEBP, SVG, PCX, BMP, etc. In general, these software are quite capable yet simple to use. You can go through the list to find your favorite software to convert PDF to PS.
My Favorite PDF to PS Converter for Windows:
XnConvert is one of my favorite software to convert multipage PDF documents to separate PS images simultaneously. Also, it supports a wide number of file formats in order to convert one graphics file to another.
If you want a dedicated software to simply batch convert PDF to PS, try Free PDF to PS Converter (by Free PDF Solutions). It is a portable software which is a plus.
You may also like some best free SVG to EPS Converter Software, EPS to PNG Converter Software, and EPS to JPG Converter Software for Windows.
XnConvert is a free batch image converter software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Using it, you can also convert a PDF file to a PostScript image. If you have a multi-page PDF document, you can convert all of its pages to multiple PS images at once. Additionally, you can import PDFs in batch and convert all of them to PS simultaneously.
How to batch convert PDF to PS using XnConvert:
- In its Input tab, add PDF files which you want to convert.
- Go to the Actions tab if you want to perform some editing on input PDFs. It provides editing options like crop, resize, rotate, set DPI, watermarking, filters, etc.
- Now, move to the Output tab and set output format (PS), output folder path, filename pattern, etc. Also, if you want to convert all pages of PDF documents to multiple PS files at once, enable the option called Convert all pages from multipage file.
- Finally, hit the Convert button to initiate the PDF to PostScript conversion.
You can view the conversion progress and process log in the Status tab.
- It provides support to a wide variety of input and output formats for graphics conversion which include raw image formats, PNG, JPG, BMP, GIF, ICO, EMF, PSD, TGA, WEBP, TIFF, etc.
- It provides a nice tool called Hot Folders which continuously monitors a specified directory to convert files from one format to another using predefined settings.
It is a great software to batch convert PDF to PS as well as to convert various graphics files from one format to another. Also, even being packed with features, it is extremely easy and intuitive in terms of working.
Home Page Download Page
GIMP is a free open source PDF to PS converter software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is basically a graphics editing software using which you can create new designs and modify existing ones. You can also use it to convert a supported file format to another. This includes the conversion of PDF to PostScript image too. Let’s see how.
How to convert PDF to PS in GIMP:
- The first step is to import a PDF file while selecting the range of pages that you want to open. You can import PDF pages as layers or separate images.
- Next, you can edit the input PDF page with the help of provided editing and painting tools.
- Finally, click on File > Export As option to initiate PDF to PS conversion. You can also set PostScript level, rotation, image size, and other output parameters before conversion.
- It can be used to convert PDF to a variety of file formats like EPS, ICO, PDF, TGA, GIF, WEBP, HTML, BMP, TIFF, etc.
- You can also create animations in GIF format using GIMP.
GIMP is a versatile software which can also convert PDF to PostScript images. It has a nice and clean GUI which makes your tasks quite easy.
Home Page Download Page
Free PDF to PS Converter (by LotApps)
Free PDF to PS Converter (by LotApps) is a dedicated free software which is used for PDF to PostScript conversion. Using this free software, you can convert multiple PDF documents to PS files at once. Let’s checkout how.
How to convert multiple PDFs to PS at once:
- Launch this software and import PDFs using the Add PDF File(s) button.
- Now, specify page range, resolution, and type (letter, legal, A4, etc.) to customize the output.
- Next, simply click the Convert PDF to PS Free button and it will create PS files from PDFs with customized parameters.
Note: During my testing, it was only able to convert the first page of a PDF file to PS format.
It is a nice free portable PDF to PS converter for Windows. As it is portable, you don’t even need to install it on PC; you can use it on the go.
Home Page Download Page
Inkscape is a great vector drawing software which also serves the purpose of PDF to PostScript converter. Using it, you can simply import a PDF document and then convert it to PS format using save as feature. Prior to the conversion, you can also modify PDF document.
How to convert PDF to PS using Inkscape:
- Import a PDF document while selecting the pages which you want to open.
- Next, if you want to manually draw over PDF, apply filters, or make other adjustments to PDF, you can use available paint and editing tools.
- Now, use its Save As feature and select PS as output format to convert the input PDF page to an EPS image.
- You can convert PDF to other formats like SVG, EMF, WMF, DXF, BMP, GIF, JPEG, TIFF, etc.
- It lets you create drawings in various formats from scratch.
- It can be used through command prompt too.
Inkscape is a featured vector drawing software to convert PDF designs to EPS images.
Home Page Download Page
Free PDF to PS Converter (by Free PDF Solutions)
Free PDF to PS Converter (by Free PDF Solutions), as the name suggests, is another dedicated software to convert PDF to PostScript. Not just one, it can be used to convert multiple PDF documents to PS images at a time.
How to convert PDF to PostScript using this free software:
- Import PDF files which you want to convert to PS by using Add Files or Add Folder button. You will be able to view size and number of pages of each PDF on its interface.
- Next, check all or selective PDFs for conversion.
- Now, select a Printer and provide path to output folder.
- At last, either hit Convert Selected or Convert All button to convert PDF to PS.
If you want a dedicated utility whose sole purpose is to convert one or more PDFs to PS, try this one. Home Page Download Page