This article contains a list of Best Free SVG to EPS Converter Software for Windows. Using these free software, you can convert a Scalable Vector Graphics file (SVG) to Encapsulated PostScript file format (EPS). Before conversion, these software let you modify output parameters including PostScript Level, Text output options, Color format, etc. Apart from EPS, you can also convert SVG to various other file formats which mainly include PS, ICO, PNG, JPG, GIF, PDF, etc.
Most of these software are vector graphics drawing software. Hence, in all of these software, you get a set of painting and graphics editing tools using which you can modify SVG design before conversion. Using painting tools like pen, pencil, paintbrush, fill tool, shapes, line, freehand drawing, etc., you can manually create a design over imported SVG file. Furthermore, you can adjust the design using editing options like rotate, flip, resize, arrange, align, crop, effects, filters, etc. One of these software is a dedicated image converter using which you can batch convert SVG files to EPS format.
All in all, these are capable and versatile software which can be used for multiple tasks which also include SVG image to EPS conversion. I have also mentioned the steps using which you can easily convert an SVG image to EPS file. Just go through the list to find your favorite software based on the features you want.
My Favorite Free SVG to EPS Converter Software for Windows:
LibreOffice Draw is one of my favorite converter software on this list as it is a great drawing software. Plus, as it comes with a full office package called LibreOffice, you can also use other software for office related tasks.
Inkscape and GIMP are other great software for conversion of SVG file to EPS and other formats like PS, ICO, PDF, PNG, GIF, etc.
You may like some best free SVG to ICO Converter Software, Batch SVG to PNG Converter, and WebP To SVG Converter for Windows.
LibreOffice Draw is a free open source SVG to EPS converter software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Using it, you can easily convert an SVG drawing to EPS graphic. Plus, it also lets you edit SVG image prior to conversion.
It is a part of the popular LibreOffice suite which is a package of office utilities. The package includes applications including LibreOffice Writer, LibreOffice Calc, LibreOffice Impress, etc. Using respective software, you can easily create or edit documents, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
How to convert SVG to EPS using LibreOffice Draw:
- The first step is to import an SVG file using its Open option.
- Next step is optional i.e., edit SVG file before conversion if required.
- The last step is to go to the File > Export option and select output format as EPS format to convert SVG to EPS. While conversion, you can setup parameters like PostScript Level, Color Format, Compression, etc.
- As it is a featured drawing software, you can modify SVG drawing using tools like shapes, line, arrows, symbols, etc.
- It provides various graphics editing tools which include flip, rotate, align, arrange, resize, etc.
- You can insert new items to an SVG graphic including images, text box, chart, table, etc.
- It supports a lot of file formats to import and export graphics, such as GIF, JPEG, PNG, PDF, TIFF, WMF, EMF, ODG, etc.
If you’re an ardent user of LibreOffice software, it is the convenient and best option to use for the conversion of an SVG drawing to EPS format. Plus, as it is a versatile software, you can use it for a wide number of office related tasks.
Home Page Download Page
Inkscape is a vector drawing software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Using it, you can create drawings in SVG format as well as convert an existing SVG drawing to a lot of file formats including EPS. Other formats that are supported to convert an SVG file include PS, EMF, WMF, ODG, PDF, PNG, DXF, ICO, etc. Let’s see how you can convert SVG to EPS specifically.
How to convert SVG to EPS using Inkscape:
- Import an SVG image to this software.
- Modify opened SVG image before performing the conversion, if needed.
- Now, export SVG file to EPS format by going to its File > Save As option. While exporting SVG to EPS, it asks you to setup some output parameters for EPS file which include PostScript Level, Text output options, Resolution for rasterization, Bleed, etc.
- It provides a feature rich set of drawing tools to manually create designs over an SVG file prior to conversion. These tools include 2D shapes, 3D boxes, sculpting, calligraphic, gradients, freehand drawing, etc.
- You can edit SVG graphic using features like raise, lower, rotate, flip, align, arrange and distribute, fill and stroke, etc.
- You can enhance the look and feel of an SVG file before exporting it to EPS using various filters. These include Bevel, Blur, Color, Distort, Non-realistic 3D shaders, etc.
- It lets you further enhance its functionality by using extensions.
- You can also use it through the Command Prompt to perform different tasks using commands, e.g, batch convert SVG to PNG.
Inkscape is one of the best SVG to EPS converter as it produces good quality output. Plus, you can create SVG or EPS graphic from scratch using it.
Home Page Download Page
GIMP is another free open source graphics editing software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Besides that, you can also convert a graphics file to another format supported by it. Hence, it can be used to convert SVG to EPS file. You can also convert SVG to PS and other file formats including ICO, PDF, WEBP, XHTML, BMP, TIFF, TGA, GIF, etc.
How to convert SVG to EPS using GIMP:
- Firstly, you need to import an SVG file for the conversion purpose.
- Now, modify it according to your requirements with the use of various drawing and editing tools.
- Lastly, convert SVG to EPS using its Export As feature which is accessible from the File menu. Before conversion, it lets you setup output parameters like rotation, image size, etc.
- To manually draw over input SVG file prior to conversion, use paint tools like pen, pencil, paintbrush, text, healing tool, etc.
- You can edit SVG file by using features such as flip, rotate, resize, crop, effects & filters, color adjustment options, etc.
- It can be used to create animated GIFs as well.
GIMP is another great software to create vector drawings as well as to convert existing vector drawing to other formats including SVG to EPS conversion.
Home Page Download Page
Converseen is a batch image converter software for Windows and Linux. Along with several graphics conversion, you can also perform SVG to EPS conversion. Additionally, it is the only software on this list using which you can convert multiple SVG files to EPS format at once.
It is a versatile image converter in terms of supported file formats. It supports formats which include PS, AI, ART, ARW, CRW, CR2, MAP, RAF, XCF, HEIC, DDS, ICO, WEBP, and many more.
How to convert SVG to EPS using this batch image converter:
- Use its Add images button to import the SVG files which you want to convert to EPS.
- Next, from the main interface, check SVG files to convert.
- Now, from the ‘Actions Panel’ at left, you can scale input image, change its resolution, and rotate and flip it. From the same section, you can provide path to output folder.
- After that, select conversion format as EPS and if you want, you can replace the transparent background with a solid color.
- At last, hit the Convert button to initiate the process of SVG to EPS conversion.
Converseen is a nice free software to convert multiple SVG files to EPS format at once.
Home Page Download Page
Scribus is a desktop publishing software which can also be used to convert SVG to EPS. This software can be used for the creation of various types of documents and graphics such as brochures, business cards, newsletters, PDF presentations, etc. Along with that, you can convert existing designs from one supported format to another. This includes conversion of SVG file to EPS too. Let’s see what are the steps required in order to convert SVG to EPS.
How to convert SVG to EPS using Scribus:
The process of SVG to EPS conversion is quite straightforward in it. After launching this software, import an SVG file and then modify it as per your requirement. Next, simply go to the File menu and click on the Export > Save as EPS option. As you do that, it will convert the SVG image to EPS format.
- You can insert various objects to SVG file before converting it to EPS, such as text, image, table, shape, polygon, line, freehand line, barcode, etc.
- It lets you rotate an item in the design, scale it, translate it, and make other adjustments.
- Besides EPS, you can convert SVG to ICO, PDF, BMP, JPEG, PPM, TIFF, etc.
Scribus is a versatile software which can be used for various utilities including SVG to EPS conversion. Home Page Download Page
Dia is a free open source structured diagram maker software for Windows. Using it, you can draw diagrams like Flowchart, UML, BPMN, Circuit, ERD, Ladder, etc. It can also be used to convert SVG to EPS. How? Let’s checkout.
How to convert SVG to EPS using Dia:
- Go to the File menu > Open option to import an SVG diagram to this software.
- Now, you can edit imported SVG file by manually drawing over it. For that, use tools like text, box, line, arc, external image, etc. You can even use a diagram specific shapes and elements to add to SVG file.
- After that, again go to File menu, click on the Export option, and select output format as EPS.
- You can add multiple layers to a diagram.
- It lets you edit an added object with options like Bring to Front, Send to Back, Align, etc.
- Apart from EPS and SVG, it supports diagrams in many more formats including PS, EMF, PNG, BMP, ICO, CUR, GIF, DXF, etc.
- It supports various input methods including Cedilla, Cyrillic, IPA, Multipress, etc.
Dia is a popular flowchart and other diagram maker using which you can also convert an existing SVG image to EPS, PS, and other supported formats. Home Page Download Page