4 Best Free Portable Driver Updater Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free portable driver updater software for Windows. These software are similar to other standard non-portable driver updater software through which you can update system drivers. However, unlike standard driver updaters, these software can be used in any system without installation. Plus, you can also carry and use them from a portable storage device like a flash drive, portable hard drive, etc.
Through these software, you can find out all the updated and outdated drivers on your system. To find drivers, these software first scan the system and prepare a list of detected drivers. In some software, you also get additional information associated with drivers such as driver version, driver manufacturer, date of release, etc. After finding out all the outdated drivers, you can easily select and update that driver through these driver updaters. Some of these software also take you to their website to download and install newer versions of the detected drivers. The process to update drivers is quite straightforward in all software. Still, for novice users, I have included the necessary steps to update drivers in the description of each software.
These software also offer some additional features like Restore Point (to save the current state), History (to view previously updated drivers), etc. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite Portable Driver Updater Software For Windows:
DriverIdentifier is my favorite software because it lets you quickly identify and update outdated drivers. Unlike other similar software, it also does not impose any limitation in this free version of this software.
DriverIdentifier is a free portable driver updater software for Windows. Through this software, you can quickly find out all the outdated drivers of a system. It also shows a list of updated drivers that you don’t need to update. To find outdated and up to date drivers, it first scans the system driver directories. After that scan, it shows all the drivers on the DriverIdentifier web page. Along with the name of drivers, it also shows the names of driver developers, driver version, and date of release. Follow the below steps to update drivers using this portable driver updater.
How to update drivers using DriverIdentifier:
- Launch this software and click on the Start button to initiate the scanning process.
- After the completion of the scan, a Driverdentifier web page will automatically open up with the names and descriptions of all the outdated and up to date drivers.
- Now, select an outdated driver and click on its Update button to download and install a driver. Similarly, you can also update other outdated drivers.
It is a simple and effective portable driver updater software through which you can identify and update all the outdated drivers.
Snappy Driver Installer Origin
Snappy Driver Installer Origin is a free open source and portable driver updater software for Windows. Using it, you can update all the drivers of a system. In it, you can also download various driver packages that allow this software to be used offline to update the drivers of a system. Along with an individual system, it can also be used to update drivers of multiple systems over a network. Now, follow the below steps to update drivers through this portable driver updater.
How to update drivers using Snappy Driver Installer Origin:
- Start this software and lets it scan for the system devices that use drivers.
- After that, it shows a list of system devices such as Chipset, Processor, PCIe, Display Audio, etc.
- Now, select some of all the devices and press the click here to start the download button.
- Immediately, an Update panel with the names of all the drivers associated with selected devices will be visible.
- Now, you can select drivers with yes marking and ignore drivers with no marking as they are not suitable for your system.
- Lastly, press the Ok button to start the driver updating process.
- Restore Point: Using it, you can create a system restore point before updating the drivers, so that you can restore the system to the stable state in the case of any error.
- This software cannot detect outdated system drivers.
It is a very capable portable driver updater software that you can use to update the drivers of all system devices.
Device Doctor is yet another free portable driver updater software for Windows. Using this software, you can scan the system to find out all outdated and up to date drivers. After finding the outdated drivers, you can update one driver at a time. The good thing about this software is its one-click driver update process. It also offers many other features, but they are locked in the free version of this software. Now, follow the below steps to update drivers through this software.
How to update drivers using Device Doctor:
- Start this software and click on the Start Scan button to search for the system drivers.
- After the completion of the scan, you can view the names and descriptions of all the outdated and up to date drivers.
- Now, select one outdated driver from the list and press the Fix Now button to initiate the driver updating process.
- History: In this section, you can view the names of all the drivers updated through this software.
- In this free version of Device Doctor, you can only update one driver in one day. Plus, some features are also locked in this version such as backup, startup manager, uninstaller, cache cleaner, etc.
It is a straightforward portable driver updater software through which you can quickly update outdated drivers.
DUMo is another free portable driver updater software for Windows. Through this software, you can scan a system to find out all the devices and their drivers. After the scan, it shows the name of detected devices, device manufacturer, driver version, and status of drivers (up to date and outdated). Now, you can select and update one driver at a time by going to its webpage. Follow the below steps to update drivers using this portable driver updater.
How to update drivers using DUMo:
- Launch this software and let it scan the system for devices and their drivers. You can also use its Refresh button to manually start the scanning process.
- After the scan, you can view all the outdated and up to date drivers.
- Now, select and press the right click over one outdated driver and go to Get Update > From DUMo Page option.
- From its webpage, you can easily download and update the selected driver.
- Export: Using it, you can export the list of detected devices and their drivers in the form of TXT and CSV file formats.
- This free version of DUMo has multiple locked features like a direct link to the driver manufacturer website, automatic driver updates, priority support, etc. To unlock all its features, you need to purchase the pro version of this software.
It is another simple to use portable driver updater software that anyone can use to detect and update outdated drivers.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014