5 Best Free Portable Video Recorder And Converter Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free portable video recorder and converter software for Windows. You can use all of these software without installation as they come in portable packages. Plus, their portable nature also allows users to carry them in portable storage devices. Using these recorders, you can record both the webcam and video feed with ease. Although some software only let you record one source at a time. Along with video sources, these software can also record internal audio and external microphone sounds. With the use of these software, you can easily capture educational videos, game videos, tutorial videos, etc.
These software also offer tools to adjust recording video parameters such as video resolution, frame rate, aspect ratio, video codec, etc. After that, you can select one of the supported video formats in which you want to convert the recorded video. Some of the output video formats that these software support are MPEG, AVI, GIF, MP4, and FLV. The process to record and convert videos using these recorders is quite simple. Still, to help you out, I have included the necessary recording and conversion steps in the description of each software.
These recorders also provide many additional tools through which you can stream videos, download videos, take screenshots, and more. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite Portable Video Recorder And Converter Software For Windows:
Captura is my favorite software because it can record both screen and webcam feeds and supports various output video formats. It also lets you stream your recordings to various online video platforms.
Captura is a free open source and portable video recorder and converter software for Windows. Using this software, you can record any part of the screen along with webcam and audio feeds. After recording the screen and webcam feed, you can easily convert it to various video formats like AVI, GIF, MP4, WebM, and more. Before starting the conversion process, it also lets you manually adjust some video properties namely frame rate and video quality. Now, follow the below steps to record video and convert its format using this portable software.
How to record and convert video using Captura:
- Launch this software and select Fullscreen, Webcam, Window, or Region option to specify exactly what you want to record.
- After that, select one of the various available video encoders like FFmpeg, Gif, SharpAvi, and select output video formats like MP4, AVI, WebM, etc.
- Now, specify the frame rate and video quality values using FPS and Quality sliders.
- Next, press the Start button to initiate the recording process.
- In the end, press the Stop button to stop recording and convert the recording to the specified video format.
- Screenshot: Using it, you can take screenshots of the screen during the recording process.
- Open Canvas: This feature opens up the internal image editor of this software in which you can edit screenshots and locally stored images.
- Stream: Using it, you can stream to various video streaming platforms like Twitch, Youtube Live, and more.
It is one of the best free portable video recorder and converter software that comes with all the essential video recording and conversion tools.
ScreenToGif is another free portable video recorder and converter software for Windows. This software is mainly used to record the screen and convert it to an animated GIF. Similar to screen recording, it can also record webcam video feed that you can save in GIF, APNG, and AVI formats. This software also offers an editing area in which you can edit individual frames of recorded video using transition, text, shapes, remove frame, caption, etc., tools. In this converter, you also load existing videos of MP4, AVI, WEBM, etc., that you can convert to other video formats. Now, follow the below steps to record and convert video using this portable video recorder and converter software.
How to record and convert video using ScreenToGif:
- Start this software and click on the Recorder button to start recording the screen or press the Webcam option to record the webcam feed.
- Now, press the Stop button to stop the recording process when you want.
- Next, you will view all the frames of the recorded video that you can edit using editing and transition tools like remove duplicate frames, delete frames, add a transition, text, shapes, etc.
- After making all the necessary changes, go to File > Save As menu to select one of various available output video formats like AVI, GIF, APNG, etc.
- Lastly, specify the quality and frame rate of the output video and press the Save button to start the video conversion and saving process.
- Board Recording: This feature opens up a virtual whiteboard over which you can write and record the whole writing and annotation process.
- Watermark: Using it, you can add a watermark to the output video.
It is another good portable video recorder and converter software through which you can record both screen and webcam and convert the recording in various formats.
OBS Studio is a free open source and portable video recording and converter software for Windows. Using this software, you can record both webcam feed and screen feed at the same time. You can also choose to only record webcam feed, audio, or screen feed. It also offers tools to manually adjust various video parameters like Video Resolution, Frame Rate, Aspect Ratio, etc. It also comes with a handy Scene Transition Section through which you can add transition effects between frames of the recorded video. Now, follow the below steps to record and convert video using this portable video recording and converter software.
How to record and convert video using OBS Studio:
- Launch this software and go to the Sources Section and add Video Capture (to capture webcam) and Screen Capture (to record screen) options.
- Now, you can specify the screen recording area and screen capture area using the resize dots.
- Next, go to Settings > Output to select the output recording format from available ones like MP4, MKV, FLV, TS, etc.
- After that, just press the Start Recording button to start the video recording process.
- In the end, press the Stop Recording button to stop recording and convert the recording to the specified video format.
- Streaming: Using it, you can directly broadcast your recording to Twitch, Youtube, etc., platforms.
- Hotkeys: This software also offers a lot of hotkeys to control various recording and streaming tasks.
It is a feature-rich portable video recording and converter software that also lets you stream on different platforms.
VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is a popular media player software that can also be used as a portable video recorder and converter software. It works on Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android. This software offers a simple video capture feature through which you can record webcam feed and desktop feed with audio. It supports various video formats in which you can convert recorded video such as MP4, FLV, WebM, MPEG, ASF, WMV, and more. Besides this, it also lets users manually adjust various video and audio parameters like video codec, audio codec, frame rate, etc. Now, check out the below steps.
How to record and convert videos using VLC Media Player:
- Launch this software, and go to Media > Open Capture Device menu. From this menu, select your video device (to record webcam feed) or Desktop (to record screen).
- After that, specify the frame rate of the recording. Next, press the Play Button to view the recording feed
- Now, go to the Playback Tab and press the Record Button to start the screen or webcam feed recording.
- Once the recording gets completed, again go to the Playback tab and press the Stop button to stop and convert the recording in the specified format.
- Stream: Using this feature, you can view online videos within this software.
- Convert/Save: This feature lets you download online videos.
It is another good portable video recorder and converter software that can also be used to watch locally stored and online videos.
Webcamoid is the next free open source and portable video converter and recorder software for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Through this software, you can easily record webcam and screen feeds. However, at a time, you will only be able to record either webcam feed or screen feed. To switch between feeds, you need to use its Configure Sources Menu. After selecting one of the feeds, you can adjust the recording video parameters like resolution, video frame rate, codec, bitrate, audio codec, and more. Now, follow the below steps.
How to record and convert video using Webcamoid:
- Launch this software and go to the Configure Sources menu and either select Webcam or Screen option according to your requirements.
- After that, specify the recording frame rate. If you select the Webcam option, then you can also adjust brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, etc., properties.
- Now, go to the Record Video section and select a video format (3GP, DV, F4V, FLV, MP4, etc.) in which you want to convert the recorded video.
- Next, press the Start button to initiate the recording process.
- To finish the recording press the Stop button that also converts the recorded video into the selected video format.
- Configure Effects: This section carries many video effects that you can add to the recording like ASCII Art, Color Filter, Cinema, Delay Grab, Dice, and more.
- Take a Photo: Use it to take screenshots of the main screen.
It is a straightforward portable video recorder and converter software that anyone can use without much hassle.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014