5 Best Free PowerPoint Template Maker Software for Windows
Here is a list of Best Free PowerPoint Template Maker Software for Windows. These software let you create PowerPoint templates which can be used by others to quickly modify and create presentations. You can design presentation templates in older and newer versions of Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation Templates including POT, POTX, and POTM. All these software are presentation maker software. So, you can create presentations in a variety of formats using them, such as PPT, PPTX, ODP, PDF, HTML, Images, etc.
To create stunning PowerPoint templates, you can design the appearance of slides by customizing background image, applying inbuilt theme or custom style, adjusting transparency, setting page layout, etc. Furthermore, you can insert graphics, text arts, video, sound, tables, hyperlinks, shapes, and more to the slides. You can apply smooth transition effects to slides and the added objects. All of these software let you preview created PowerPoint template by running a slideshow. When you’re done, you can easily use ‘save as’ or ‘export’ feature to save PowerPoint template.
Additionally, these software let you encrypt the presentation template document so that it can be accessed by only authorized people. Some more handy tools are offered in each of these, including rehearse, spell check, auto correct, macros, etc. All in all, these are capable software to create PowerPoint templates and presentations. You can go through the list to find your favorite one according to the features you are looking for.
My Favorite Free PowerPoint Template Maker Software for Windows:
LibreOffice Impress is one of my favorites as it contains all essential as well as advanced tools which are required to create PowerPoint templates. It is also very easy and intuitive to use, so both beginners and professionals can use it.
WPS Presentation is another favorite of mine as you get a lot of inbuilt and free online templates which you can use in designing your own presentation templates.
LibreOffice Impress is one of the best free PowerPoint template maker software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is a great free alternative to Microsoft PowerPoint. Using it, you can create presentations in a lot of formats including PPT, PPTX, ODP, PPS, Apple Keynote, Legacy StarOffice Presentations, PDF, HTML, SWF, SVG, BMP, EMF, EPS, etc. Plus, you can also create PowerPoint templates which can be used to quickly create presentations. It supports Microsoft PowerPoint 97-2003 Template (POT) and Microsoft PowerPoint 2007-2019 Template (POTM) formats.
How to create PowerPoint template using LibreOffice Impress:
- You can start with creating a blank project or even choose an inbuilt template to modify it in order to create your own template.
- Now, add slides with customized layout and design its appearance accordingly. You can setup page properties, design background of slides, and adjust transparency.
- To add content to slides, use its Insert menu from where you can add text boxes, images, tables, audio, video, inbuilt icons, charts, shapes, text art, hyperlink, etc.
- The Format menu can be used for the arrangement and formatting of added content.
- Using the Slide menu > Slide Transition option, you can apply transition effects to slides and objects.
- If you want to preview created PowerPoint template, you can use Slide Show menu.
- Finally, save the created presentation document as PowerPoint template using its “Save As” feature.
- It lets you encrypt PowerPoint template as well as add digital signature to it.
- You get a Multi Save feature in it which allows you to export the same document in multiple formats at once.
- Spellcheck, Autocorrect options, Color Replacer, Macros, Extension Manager, Preview in Web Browser, and more useful options are provided in it.
- You can share PowerPoint templates and presentations through email.
LibreOffice Impress is one of my favorite software on this list. It is featured yet has a user friendly GUI to let users work easily. Also, it is a software that comes with a free office package called LibreOffice. So, you get some more office software which can be used for multiple purposes, like creating documents, spreadsheets, drawings, etc., visualizing data on graphs, creating organizational charts, etc.
WPS Presentation is another free PowerPoint template maker software for Windows. Using it, you can create both newer as well as older version of Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation Templates which include POT and POTX formats.
How to create PowerPoint template using this free presentation creator:
You can start with a blank presentation project or an inbuilt template to modify it accordingly. It also comes with an online template library from where you can find a lot of free templates which you can download and use. To access its online library, you need to log in with the registered WPS Office account.
Now, add multiple slides to the presentation with desired slide layout. You can use various themes to apply to selected or all slides. Furthermore, you can design background of slides using color schemes, gradient fill, custom image, etc. You can also customize page setup and slide size. Afterward, you can add various kinds of content to the slide including images, table, snapshot, graphs, smart art (block list, organization chart, Venn diagram, etc.), word art, audio, movie, flash file, etc.
To add smooth transitions between slides and added objects, you can use its Animation tab. While doing so, you can customize transition speed, sound, etc. When done, you can run the slideshow to view the created presentation template. At last, use its Save As feature to save created PowerPoint template in POT or POTX format.
- You can encrypt created PowerPoint template prior to saving it.
- It lets you create presentations in a lot of formats including PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX, PDF, JPG, etc.
- It also lets you create video presentations in AVI and MP4 formats.
- Some more useful features are provided in it including cloud storage, rehearse presentation, speaker notes, spell check, etc.
Some features are restricted in this free version. Plus, the free version shows ads too. To remove these limitations, you need to upgrade to its pro version.
It is one of the best PowerPoint template makers which lets you use some other templates as reference. It is a part of a free office suite called WPS Office. So, you can use its other office software for the creation of documents and spreadsheets.
SoftMaker FreeOffice is another free office suite which can be used as a PowerPoint template maker. It comes with different office software including TextMaker and PlanMaker which are used for creation of documents and spreadsheets, respectively. Its Presentation software is used for creating professional presentations in various formats including PPTX, PRDX, PRSX, PDF, etc. You can also create PowerPoint presentation templates using it in PowerPoint 2007-2016 template i.e., POTX format. Let’s see how you can design PowerPoint templates in it.
How to create PowerPoint template using SoftMaker FreeOffice:
- Open its Presentation software and create a new presentation project.
- Now, you can add multiple slides, select slide layout, select color scheme for a slide, design background, select page orientation, etc.
- You can insert various types of content to slides including table, text frame, picture frame, text art object, video, sound, shapes, etc.
- It provides various formatting tools to customize added objects’ appearance, such as font formatting, fill color, shadow, effects, shape, alignment, picture editing, etc.
- From its Transition and Animation tabs, you can easily apply various transition and animation effects between slides and the added objects. While doing so, you can customize transition sound, duration, etc.
- When you’re done creating PowerPoint presentation template, you can run the slideshow to preview it.
- At last, from File tab, click on Save As button to save created presentation template in POTX format.
- Before saving PowerPoint template, you can password protect the document using AES128 encryption with SHA1 hashing.
- It lets you add general metadata to the document including title, author, subject, keywords, and description.
- You can save presentation templates as images too using it.
It is a nice and hassle free PowerPoint template maker which can be used for creating appealing presentations as well as templates.
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors is a nice free PowerPoint template maker for Windows. It is a simple office software which lets you create presentations, documents, and spreadsheets. Using it, you can create stunning PowerPoint templates in POTX format.
How to create PowerPoint template using ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors:
- First, create a new presentation project.
- Now, insert slides in desired layout and add content to them like text box, images, text arts, charts, shapes, table, etc.
- From the right, you can view Slide Settings to customize slide properties like background, transition effect, transition duration, etc.
- Other than that, you can also customize text, image, table, text art, and shape settings.
- Finally, save created presentation template in PowerPoint template format (POTX).
- You can create presentations in formats like PPTX, ODP, PDF, etc.
- It lets you encrypt PowerPoint template before saving it.
- You get some useful inbuilt plugins in it such as Photo Editor, Translator, Cliparts, Thesaurus, Symbol Table, YouTube (add YouTube video), etc.
- It allows you to collaborate on a presentation using a supported cloud service.
It is a good office software which can be used to create PowerPoint templates and for many other tasks.
IBM Lotus Symphony
IBM Lotus Symphony is a simple office software for Windows. Using it, you can create PowerPoint template in the older version i.e., POT. Also, it lets you make PPT, ODP, OTP, SXI, and more presentations. Besides that, you can create documents and spreadsheets in various formats.
How to create PowerPoint template using this free software:
- Create a new project and start adding presentation slides to it using various slide layouts.
- Design the appearance of slide using provided slide templates.
- Insert content to the slides like image, animation, video, sound, clip art, text box, hyperlinks, date, time, author, tables, charts, etc. It provides all essential tools to format added content.
- Add animation effects to slides and the objects for seamless transition between different elements.
- Save the created document as Microsoft PowerPoint 97-2003 Template (POT).
- It lets you password protect your PowerPoint templates to allow only authorized persons to use it.
- You can also add digital signatures to created PowerPoint templates or any presentation document.
- Rehearse Timing, Custom Slideshows, Eye Dropper, Instant Corrections, SpellCheck, and more handy tools are provided in it.
- You can export presentations to a lot more formats including PDF, HTML, Images, etc.
- It provides different tabs to let you manage a presentation project including Outline, Slide Sorter, and Notes.
It is a nice and easy to use PowerPoint template maker with a clean GUI. It is suitable for beginners who are looking for a free software to create presentation or presentation templates.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014