5 Best Free Resume Template Builder Software for Windows
Here is a list of best free resume template builder software for Windows. These freeware let you create resume template which can be used in building resumes just by quickly editing main information. All of these software contain inbuilt resume templates which you can modify to create your own resume templates. This makes your task of designing resume templates even more easy.
Most of these software are office suites which come with word processor application. You can find all essential and advanced document editing features in these word processing software. You can insert text box, images, line, shapes, table, section or page break, and other key elements which are required to create a resume template. Furthermore, you can setup page layout and format added elements using options like font, alignment, text color, text effects, text styles, paragraph spacing, line spacing, etc. After creating resume templates, you can easily save them in documents which can be edited in future. Some commonly supported formats include Microsoft Word Template (.dot), Microsoft Word Document (.doc, .docx), OpenOffice Document Template, ODF Text Document Template, ODF Text Document, RTF, etc. Besides that, you can also export documents as PDF, HTML, and other formats.
These software contain more handy features which include password protection, digital signature, auto correct, thesaurus, compare documents, etc. You can also use other applications of these office suites to create spreadsheets and presentations. In general, all these are capable software which let you create different types of resume templates which are quickly editable.
My Favorite Free Resume Template Builder Software for Windows:
WPS Office is one of my favorite software for creating resume templates. It makes the task of creating resume templates easy as it provides resume templates library to modify an existing design to create your own resume templates.
LibreOffice is another great resume template builder as you can find all essential as well as advanced tools which are required to create impressive resumes template designs.
WPS Office is a free office software which can be used as a resume template builder. It consists of several office applications one of which is WPS Writer. This application can be used to create resume templates.
How to create resume templates using this free office software: WPS Office
- Firstly, launch its WPS Writer application and create a new document. If you want, you can also use a resume template from its inbuilt or online library. To access resume templates from its online library, you need to log in with your registered account.
- You can define the layout of resume template as per your requirements. You can adjust margins, number of columns, orientation, size, text direction, page color, page border, etc.
- To add elements and data to resume templates, you can use table, images (for profile picture), text box, section or page break, line, shapes, etc.
- It provides all essential content formatting options as it is a featured word processor. So, you can modify font, text alignment, text color, text effects, etc.
- At last, you can save the created resume template as Microsoft Word 97-2003 Template (.dot), Microsoft Word 97-2003 Document (.doc), Microsoft Word Document (.docx), etc. Other formats that are supported to export resume template include RTF, XML, HTML, PDF, etc.
- It lets you encrypt a resume template or any created document.
- You get Word Count, Spellcheck, Thesaurus, etc., tools in it to help you create a document.
- In it, you can create a lot of designs including letterheads, brochures, business cards, weekly plan, time tables, etc.
- WPS Office is also available on Android and iOS mobile phones.
- Some features are locked in this free version which are available only in its premium version.
- It contains ads in its free version.
It is one of the best resume template builder as you can use a lot of pre-designed templates to create your own resume template. Besides various kinds of documents, you can create spreadsheets and presentations using its other applications.
LibreOffice is a popular open source office suite for Windows. It is another software which can be used to create resume templates.
How to create resume template in LibreOffice:
At first, you need to launch its LibreOffice Writer application which is used for creating and editing documents. You can start with a new blank document or use an existing resume template from its inbuilt library. It lets you setup page layout using Format > Page option, including page format, margins, border, column settings, etc. You can then start adding content to your resume template using provided objects like text box, image, line, shape, section, table, etc. It provides all essential as well as additional formatting options to customize added content such as text style, font type, font size, text color, alignment, line spacing, paragraph spacing, etc.
When you are done creating resume template, you can save it as a template in its inbuilt library. You can also save it locally on your system as ODF Text Document Template, ODF Text Document, Word 97-2003 Template, Word 97-2003 Document, Word 2003-2019 Document, Word 2007-2019 VBA, HTML Document, RTF, DocBook, Office Open XML, Flat XML ODF Text Document, etc. It also lets you export the created resume template to files like PDF, JPEG, PNG, EPUB, etc.
- You can encrypt resume template with a password or GPG key.
- It lets you add digital signature to created documents.
- It supports multiple windows, so you can work on several documents at a time.
- You get a “Multi Save” feature in it which lets you save a document in multiple formats at the same time.
- Some additional useful tools are also present in it, like AutoCorrect, Spell Check, Word Count, Thesaurus, Mail Merge Wizard, etc.
- Besides Windows, it is available for Mac and Linux operating systems too.
- It comes in portable version too.
LibreOffice is a versatile office software which is used for a variety of utilities which also include creating resume template.
SoftMaker FreeOffice, as the name suggests, is another free office suite for Windows on this list. This software can be your another alternative to a resume template builder.
How to create resume template using SoftMaker FreeOffice:
To able to create resume template, you need to use its “TextMaker” application. After launching this application, follow these simple steps:
- Create a new document to start designing resume template as per your requirements. It provides some templates which you can modify to create your own resume templates.
- Now, you can customize page layout including page margins, page size, number of columns, set tabs, hyphenations, insert break (line, column, section, page, etc.), and more.
- Next, add required content to the resume template such as text frame, image, table, line, shapes, page number, etc.
- You can format added content with the use of available customization features, e.g., font formatting, paragraph styling, text style, etc.
- At last, it lets you save designed resume template in various formats such as Microsoft Word 2007-2016, Microsoft Word 2007-2016 Template, Rich Text Format, Pocket Word – Pocket PC, etc.
- It provides an option to add protection to created document while saving it such as write protection, read protection, protection depending upon password, etc.
- You can also export documents as PDF and EPUB in it.
- It offers some handy features which include track changes, comments pane, spellcheck, etc.
- You get a dedicated View tab which contains tools which allow you to read documents in a suitable environment.
- It is available on Mac and Linux operating systems too.
This is another great resume template builder which can be used for a lot more other purposes. There are upgraded versions of this software which contain a lot more features. You can purchase them from its official website. You can check a comparison list of free and paid versions here.
IBM Lotus Symphony
IBM Lotus Symphony is yet another resume template builder for Windows on this list. It is also an office software which is used to create documents, presentations, and spreadsheets. Using it, you can design resume template documents which you can later use to quickly create resumes or CVs.
How to create resume template using IBM Lotus Symphony:
- First, begin with a new blank document or use its inbuilt resume template to get started with.
- Now, use the File > Page Setup option to prepare basic layout of pages as per the resume template you want to design.
- Next, insert content to resume template in form of text, image, table, special characters, etc.
- You can add page break, sections, page numbering, footnote, endnote, cliparts, etc., to the template.
- You can format the added objects using features like bullets, numbering, font formatting, alignment, etc.
- Finally, save the resume template to its template organizer or in one of the supported formats such as OpenDocument Text, OpenDocument Text Template, Microsoft Word 97-2003, Microsoft Word 97-2003 Template, RTF, etc.
- You can export a document to PDF.
- It lets you add security to created resume template document by adding a password to it.
- You can add digital signature to documents.
- It offers some more useful features which include Compare Document, Mail Merge, Instant Corrections, Merge Documents, and more.
IBM Lotus Symphony is a featured office software which can be used to design resume templates and other documents.
AbiWord is a free open source word processor which can be used as a resume template builder. It provides a resume template which you can use in designing your own resume template. Or, you can even start from scratch to create resume template.
How to create resume template using this open source word processor:
- Create a document and define page setup as per your requirement.
- Add text box, image, table, page number, page break or column break, and more to resume template.
- Format added content and document using options like font, paragraph, bullets and numbering, align, text formatting, page background, etc.
- Save the created resume template as Microsoft Word (.doc), RTF, HTML, MHT, etc.
- You get useful tools in it like spellcheck, word count, etc.
- It lets you compare documents.
- It contains a Mail Merge feature too.
- It can be used on Mac and Linux platforms too.
It is a nice free open source resume template creator which is primarily a featured word processor.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014