3 Best Free PowerPoint to AVI Converter Software for Windows
Here is a list of Best Free PowerPoint to AVI Converter Software for Windows. These freeware let you convert a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation to a video in AVI format. PPT and PPTX are the two commonly supported PowerPoint presentation formats in these software. You can simply import a PPT or PPTX file and then convert it to a continuous AVI video file. Apart from AVI, more output video formats are supported in these software which include MP4, WMV, MOV, MKV, etc.
Most of these software are video presentation creators, so you can easily and quickly convert PowerPoint to AVI using them. However, one of these software requires you to install an additional extension to be able to convert PPT or PPTX to AVI. In all converters, you can edit the imported PowerPoint presentation prior to conversion. You can insert images, text, shapes, video, audio, and more content to presentation slides, modify existing content, format the added slide content, customize transition effect, etc. Besides editing, you can create presentations from scratch. Options to run customized slideshow are also available in all software.’
All in all, these are featured and user-friendly presentation makers that you can use to convert PowerPoint to AVI video. I have also mentioned the steps of presentation conversion which you can check in respective software descriptions.
My Favorite Free PowerPoint to AVI Converter Software for Windows:
ActivePresenter is one of my favorite software to convert PowerPoint to AVI. It is a powerful software that lets you create professional video presentations. It supports multiple output formats that you can checkout in the article below. Even after being packed with so many advanced tools, it is very easy to use.
I also liked Express Points Presentation Software which you can try if you want a straightforward converter with only essential tools.
ActivePresenter is a powerful PowerPoint to AVI converter software for Windows and Mac. It is basically an eLearning authoring software that lets you create video presentations, edit videos, record screen, and do more. You can simply open a PowerPoint presentation in it and then convert it to an AVI video. It supports both PPT and PPTX formats to do so.
It provides a timeline tool that you can find in most video editors. Using this timeline, you can arrange slides of a video presentation and edit them accordingly. It lets you adjust presentation properties with options like slide duration, slide layers, playback speed, insert a caption, etc.
You can follow the below steps to quickly convert PPT or PPTX to AVI.
How to convert PowerPoint to AVI in ActivePresenter:
- Launch this software and click the Import PowerPoint option to open a PPT or PPTX file in it.
- Now, you can edit the imported PowerPoint presentation file using the available timeline editor.
- Next, move to its Export tab and click on Media > Video option.
- After that, an “Export to Video” dialog window will open up where you can choose output format as AVI. You can also configure some other output video properties including rendering options (zoom-n-pan, include cursor path, export audio, export closed captions as soft or hard subtitles), video options (size, frame rate, quality), and audio options (channel, sample rate, bit rate).
- When done setting up output configurations, you can hit the OK button and start the PowerPoint to AVI conversion.
- It comes with several beautiful video presentation templates and themes that you can use to create your content.
- A record narration feature is present in it that lets you record a voiceover to the created video presentation.
- It provides various annotation objects to draw over a presentation.
- Besides AVI, it also supports MP4, WMV, WebM, and MKV formats to export PowerPoint to video.
- The free version of this software can be used for free for private use only.
- Some features are restricted in this free version. The comparison between free and paid versions can be checked here.
ActivePresenter is one of the best video presentation makers that can also convert PowerPoint presentations to AVI and other videos.
OpenOffice Impress is a free open source PowerPoint to AVI converter software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is primarily a presentation software that comes in Apache OpenOffice which is a fully featured office suite. Other office applications that you get in it include OpenOffice Calc, OpenOffice Writer, OpenOffice Math, OpenOffice Draw, and more.
However, to convert PowerPoint to AVI using this software, you need to use an extension. The extension is called “Impress video converter” which lets you convert a presentation to AVI video or lets you simply create a video presentation in AVI format. Let’s see how you can configure this extension and use it to convert PPT or PPTX to AVI.
How to convert PowerPoint to AVI in OpenOffice Impress:
Firstly, download the required plugin from its official webpage > Impress video converter. When this extension is downloaded, launch OpenOffice Impress and open up the Extension Manager from its Tools menu. Next, click the Add button and browse and import the downloaded extension to this software. You can now restart OpenOffice Impress and follow below steps to convert PowerPoint to AVI:
- Start this software and import an existing PowerPoint presentation (PPT, PPTX, etc.) to it.
- You can now view the presentation slides that you can edit as per your requirements.
- Finally, to convert PowerPoint to AVI, click File menu > Export as video option and set up output AVI video parameter which is the number of seconds between each slide. You can then enter output file name and path and hit the Execute button to start the conversion.
It is one of the best free presentation software that can be used to convert a PowerPoint presentation to AVI video by installing an additional extension.
Express Points Presentation Software
Express Points Presentation Software is another free PowerPoint to AVI converter for Windows. Using it, you can create interactive video presentations or you can convert an existing PowerPoint presentation to AVI video format. Prior to conversion, you can modify the source PowerPoint file. It provides text, shapes, images, clipart, audio, video, transition effects, and more which you can use to edit PowerPoint presentation. The slide content can also be formatted as per your need.
It supports only PowerPoint XML Presentation (PPTX) files to import and convert to video. As for output, it supports many more formats to convert PPTX to video other than AVI. Some of these video formats include 3GP, FLV, MOV, MP4, WMV, and WEBM. You can also create presentations in GIF and PDF formats using it. Additionally, it lets you export and share video presentations to various online platforms like YouTube, Facebook, and Flickr. You can even generate presentation in videos compatible with portable devices like iPhone, PSP, Mobile Phone, etc.
How to convert PowerPoint to AVI in Express Points Presentation Software:
- Firstly, open a PPTX file to it by using the File > Open feature.
- You can now view and edit the presentation slides as per your requirements.
- Now, to convert PPTX to AVI, simply use Export to Video option from the File menu. From the output settings window, select a preset and choose the output format as AVI. You can further customize more video settings including resolution and maximum frame rate.
- After specifying output settings, you can easily start PowerPoint to AVI conversion by hitting the Create button.
It is another good software to convert PowerPoint to AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, and more formats, as well as to create a video presentation from scratch.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014