7 Best Free Portable HTML Editor Software For Windows
To edit HTML code, these portable software offer standard editing tools like Copy, Paste, Paste Special, Font, Replace, Insert, Change Case, and more. In some, you also get a multi-tab interface that lets you work on multiple HTML projects at a time. To help you distinguish between different elements of the code, some HTML editors offer syntax highlighting feature. The syntax highlighting feature automatically identifies elements of the HTML code and highlights them in different colors.
Apart from primary tools, you can also find some additional tools in these editors such as Publish, CSS Editor, Convert to HEX, and more. In general, all of these portable HTML editors are quite simple to use. Go through the list to know more about these editors.
My Favorite Portable HTML Editor Software For Windows:
KompoZer is my favorite software because it only lets you edit HTML code but also allows you to create HTML webpages. Plus, it offers all essential HTML editing tools. For novice users, it also offers a WYSIWYG area to create webpages without using the HTML code.
You can also check out lists of best free Portable EPUB Reader, Portable PDF Editor, and Portable Diary software for Windows.
KompoZer is a free open source portable HTML editor software for Windows. It is Mozilla Composer based WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) HTML editor software. In it, you can edit HTML codes and also create web pages using HTML code. To edit HTML code, it offers various HTML editing tools. Plus, the multi-tab interface is also offered by it that enables you to parallelly work on multiple projects at a time.
To input HTML code, you can either import HTML and TXT file or directly paste the HTML code to its Source section of the editor. As it is based on WYSIWYG, thus you can directly create a web page without using the HTML code. After creating a web page, you can save the final webpage in both HTML and TXT file formats.
- Source: It is the primary HTML editing section of this software over which you can edit HTML code.
- Editing Tools: To edit HTML code, this software offers tools like Insert (to insert image, table, form, link, anchor tag, etc.), Font Tool (Bold, Italic, Heading, etc.), Find and Replace, Paste Text, and more.
- View: Using it, you can preview the final look of a web page, highlight HTML tags, and Zoom in on a webpage.
- CSS Editor: Using it, you can edit and insert CSS elements (style sheets, attribute-value pairs, binding, etc.) to style a webpage.
- Publish: It is a handy tool that you can use to directly publish a webpage to your website.
It is a simple and effective portable HTML editor software through which you can easily create and edit HTML web pages.
WizHtmlEditor is another free portable HTML editor software for Windows. It is a simple and cleanly designed editor in which you can edit HTML formatted web documents of different formats like HTM, EML, NWS, ZIW, ZIP, and MHT. Plus, all the standard HTML code editing tools are also offered by it. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- Source and Edit: These are the two main editing areas of this software. The Source area is a dedicated HTML editing area in which you can insert code either by manually writing the code or by importing an HTML formatted files. On the other hand, you can directly edit the final look of the webpage in the Edit area of this software without using the HTML code.
- Editing Tools: To edit HTML code, it offers standard editing tools (cut, copy, paste, undo, redo select all, etc.), and Table (to insert tables, split cells, merge cells, etc.). However, if you want to directly edit the final look of a webpage over the Edit area, then you can also use its Insert (to insert a hyperlink, image, media file, etc.) and Font (bold, italic, underline, etc.) tools.
- Preview: In it, you can preview a web page after making changes to the HTML code.
- Save: Using it, you can save the final HTML code in HTML, MHT, ZIP, and ZIW formats.
It is a straightforward and portable HTML editor through which you can edit the HTML code without much hassle.
html-notepad is yet another free portable HTML editor software for Windows, Linux, and macOS. It is another WYSIWYG based HTML editor in which you can create and edit the textual content of a page with or without using the HTML code. To edit the HTML code, it offers a dedicated HTML source section along with standard editing tools. However, it cannot be used to edit or create web pages with images and graphics, etc.
- HTML Source: It is the primary HTML code editing section of this software in which you can paste HTML code, write HTML code or import HTML or TXT files. To edit HTML code, it only offers standard editing tools namely cut, copy, paste, undo, and select all. Besides this, it also automatically categorizes HTML tags and normal text in different colors to help you out.
- Parallel Working: This software offers parallel tabs that allow you to open and quickly switch between multiple HTML projects.
- WYSIWYG Editor: In it, you can directly create a text-based page without using the HTML code. Plus, it also offers various editing tools such as Text Font, Formatting, Definition List, Pre Block, Insert Link, etc.
- Save: After editing, you can use it to save the final page in the HTML file format.
It is a nice and beautifully designed portable HTML editor in which you can create basic text-based pages with or without using the HTML code.
Notepad++ is a free open source and portable HTML editor software for Windows. In it, you can easily view and edit an HTML file. It also allows you to work on multiple HTML files at a time as it comes with the multi-tab interface. This HTML editor is also capable of editing files of other formats like TXT, CPP, HEX, C, TEX, MAK, PLX, etc. After editing, you can save files in their original format or other supported formats.
The syntax highlighting feature of this editor is also quite impressive as it highlights tags and text in different colors. Besides this, it also provides various Tool menus in which you can find other essential HTML editing tools. Check out the main features of this software.
- Editing Tools: To edit HTML code, it offers a lot of editing tools such as Copy, Paste, Select All, Convert Case To, Comment, Auto-Completion, Paste Special (paste HTML content, paste RTF content, etc.), and more.
- Search: A good set of search tools are also offered by this software through which you can find a specific HTML code line, find and replace codes, perform an incremental search, jump to a specific line, and more.
- Collapse Level: It is a handy tool that allows you to quickly collapse tags on which you are not working.
- Encoding: It is a menu that allows you to change the encoding format of your HTML code to other encoding formats like ANSI, UTF-8, UCS-2, and others.
- Generate: Using it, you can encode a piece of text or code using MD5 and SHA-256 encryption algorithms.
It is a good portable HTML editor software in which you can edit codes of many languages including the HTML language.
- Syntax Color Highlighting: As soon as you open an HTML file in it, this software will automatically highlight tags, functions, and text in different colors.
- Edit: It is a tab that offers various editing tools through which you can copy HTML code, paste code, select code, replace code, find the specific line, and more.
- List Errors: Using it, you can quickly find out all the syntax errors present in an HTML file.
- Jump to this tag: Using it, you can quickly jump to any specific tag.
- Convert To HTML: As its name implies, it allows you to convert codes of other supported formats to the HTML code.
It is another feature-rich portable HTML editor software that offers a good set of HTML editing tools along with some handy additional features.
- Syntax Highlighting: This software offers this feature for all the supported languages. It helps users to quickly distinguish between syntax, normal text, and other elements of the code, as it highlights them all in different colors.
- Edit: It is a tab that only contains editing tools. Through editing tools, you can copy a piece of code, paste code, select code, create duplicate lines, change cases of letters, align lines, merge blank lines, and other important editing activities.
- View: It offers some handy viewing tools like zoom, word wrap, show line endings, show white spaces, long line marker, and more.
- Read Only Mode: By enabling mode, you can avoid accidental changes to the HTML code as it disables editing.
It is another easy to use portable HTML editor software through which you can edit codes of HTML, XML, PHP, ASP, CSS, and other supported formats.
BowPad is the next free open source and portable HTML editor software for Windows. In it, you can also edit the text as it is mainly a text editing software. Plus, it also offers the multi-tab interface that allows you to work on multiple HTML or Text projects at a time over side by side tabs. In general, it is another easy to use portable HTML software.
- Syntax Highlighting: This feature automatically highlights tags, text, and other elements of the HTML code in different colors to help you quickly distinguish different elements of the HTML code.
- Editing Tools: In this software, you can find many editing tools through which you can quickly jump to a specific line of code, replace code, add comments to code, change the case of code, remove whitespaces at the end of line, etc.
- Convert to: Through this feature, you can change the default encoding of an HTML document to UTF- BOM, UTF-16 Little Endian, UTF-16 Big Endian, UTF-32 Little Endian, etc., encoding formats.
- Whitespaces: This tool allows you to convert all tabs to spaces and vice-versa.
- Run: It allows you to quickly preview HTML code in various browsers like Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, IE, and Safari.
It is a simple and easy to use portable HTML editor through which you can edit both Text and HTML code.
Passionate about tech and science, always look for new tech solutions that can help me and others.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014