7 Best Free DWG Viewer App For Android
Here is a list of best free DWG viewer app for Android. DWG or Drawing file is a type of binary file that can carry 2D and 3D drawings and models. This file format is also natively supported by many CAD packages and software. Although, all the CAD and DWG viewer apps and software are not free. To resolve this problem, I have created this list of DWG viewer apps that allows users to view and analyze models carried by DWG files on the go for free. Apart from DWG, most of these apps can also show designs contained by DFX files.
To view and analyze DWG file models, these apps offer various viewing tools like Zoom, Fullscreen Mode, Rotate (to change the orientation of model), Move, and more. Apart from these standard viewing tools, some apps also come with an advanced Layer tool that allows users to view only specific layers of a model. I also like the ability of some of these apps to show both 2D and 3D models present in DWG files. A good set of viewing models such as wireframe, surface, 3D wireframe, etc., are also present in some apps. After viewing and analyzing DWG files, users can save them in their original DWG file format or in DXF format.
Most DWG viewer apps also allow users to manually edit and annotate DWG file designs. To do that, they offer drawing and annotation tools like shapes, freehand draw, polyline, text, and more. Users can also find additional tools in these viewers through which users can measure the distance, arc, and area parameters of a model. Go through the list to know more about these apps.
My Favorite DWG Viewer App For Android:
CAD Pockets is my favorite app as it can show both 2D and 3D models of a DWG file. Plus, all the essential tools to view and edit DWG files are also present in it.
CAD Pockets is a free DWG viewer app for Android. Through this app, users can view and edit DWG file models. Apart from DWG, it can also show designs present in DXF and PDF files. Plus, it can show a DWG file model in both 2D and 3D modes. Besides this other essential viewing tools like move, zoom, full screen, etc., are also provided by this app. Now, take a look at the main features of this app.
- 2D and 3D Modes: Using these modes, users can view a DWG file design in both two and three dimensions. Plus, they also offer various predefined sides to quickly view a model from the front, top, back, etc., positions.
- Zoom and Full Screen: To closely analyze a model, users can use pinch to zoom action. Plus, to remove all the distractions from the interface, users can use its Full-screen mode.
- Layers: It shows the names of all the layers of a DWG file model. It also gives users the ability to enable and disable any layer from the model.
- Drawing Tools: To make changes to the DWG file model, users can use drawing tools such as text tools, freehand draw, lines, shapes, and more.
- Measure: This menu offers multiple measuring tools through which users can measure the distance, angle, arc, etc., parameters of a model.
- Coloring Tools: It is another handy menu that allows users to change the colors of layers of a DWG model.
It is one of the best free DWG viewer app for Android that can also be used to view and edit PDF and DXF files.
DWG Viewer is another free DWG viewer app for Android. Using this app, users can view and analyze designs and models present in a DWG file. Not only that, but it also allows users to edit DWG file design using drawing tools like shape, text, brush, etc. Plus, a good set of DWG drawing analysis tools is also present in it. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- Move and Zoom: To properly analyze a DWG file drawing, users can use pinch to zoom and move design features.
- Full-Screen Mode: It is another handy feature that shows the DWG design on the entire screen and removes all the distracting features and menus from the interface.
- Layers: It is an advanced tool that through which users can hide or show any design layer that they want.
- Search: Use it to find text content and names present in a DWG file drawing.
- Drawing Tools: Using drawing tools, users can add shapes and text over the existing DWG drawing or model.
- Measuring Tools: Through measuring tools, users can measure the length between two points and find out the coordinates of any two points.
- The free version of this app restricts some features like Line Tool, Angle Measure, etc. To remove all the limitations, users need to upgrade to its premium version.
It is a good DWG viewer app for Android that anyone can use to view and edit DWG file drawings and designs.
DWG FastView by Gstarsoft Co.
DWG FastView is a free DWG viewer app for Android and Windows. This app allows users to view DWG and DXF file designs as well as compare two similar DWG designs in side-by-side windows. It also offers multiple viewing modes that allow users to view and analyze both 2D and 3D models present in a DWG file. Many DWG editing tools are also present on this app. I also like its ability to show DWG files without needing an internet connection. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- Analysis Tools: To properly view and analyze a DWG model, it offers pinch to zoom, move, and full-screen mode.
- Layers: Through this tool, users can view and analyze the individual layers of a DWG file model.
- View Modes: This app offers four view modes namely 2D (to view 2D view of a model), 3D wireframe (use it to analyze the internal structure of a model), Realistic (this mode try to show the realistic view of a model), Hide (this mode hides all the surfaces and only shows the edges of a model).
- Export: Use it to save the DWG file design in DWG and DXF file formats.
- Measure: Using measuring tools, users can measure the distance, area, arc length, angle, scale, etc., parameters of a model.
- Edit Mode: This mode contains many DWG and DXF model editing tools like Polyline, Circle, Extend, Offset, Fillet, and more. Besides this, it also lets users add text and colors to the model.
- Some features of this app are locked. To unlock all the features, users need to purchase its premium version.
It is a capable DWG viewer app for Android that through which users can, view, analyze, and edit both DWG and DXF files.
Etoolbox Mobile CAD Viewer
Etoolbox Mobile CAD Viewer is another free DWG viewer app for Android. As its name suggests, it is mainly a CAD viewer app that can also show 2D and 3D models present in DWG and DXF files. It offers a good set of viewing presets for both 2D and 3D views of a model that users can use for inspection. Unlike other similar apps, it shows both 2D and 3D views of a DWG file model on side-by-side windows. Now, check out the primary features of this app.
- 2D and 3D view: In this app, users can analyze a DWG file model in both two and three dimensions at a time.
- Viewing Presets: A good set of viewing presets to quickly view a model from top, right, bottom, back, etc., positions are also provided by it.
- Layers: Using this tool, users can view the names of all the layers of a model and also enable and disable layers to analyze a specific set of layers.
- Rotate: It is another essential tool using which users can manually rotate a model in any direction. Plus, multi-touch zoom is also supported by this app.
- Measure: Through this tool, users can measure the distance between any two points present over a DWG model.
It is a simple-to-use DWG viewer app for Android through which users can view and analyze every aspect of DWG and DXF file models.
AutoCAD by Autodesk Inc.
AutoCAD is a free CAD viewer and editing tool for Android that can also be used as a DWG viewer app. Using this app, users can easily view and analyze 2D models and designs of a DWG file. It also offers plenty of tools to manually edit existing DWG file designs. Now, check out the primary DWG file viewing tools.
- Zoom and Move: This app allows users to use the pinch in and pinch out gestures to zoom in or out from a DWG file design. Plus, users can also easily select and move the model in any direction.
- Scale: Using this tool, users can select any small portion of a DWG file design and scale it up for closer inspection.
- Full-Screen Mode: It removes all the distractions and shows the design over the entire screen.
- Save: After viewing and editing a design users can save it in the cloud storage of this app.
- Measure Menu: It contains multiple design measuring tools such as distance, radius, angle, area, and more.
- Draw: Using draw tools, users can manually edit the existing design of a DWG file.
- Annotate: Use it to add text and traces over a model or design.
- This app restricts most of its features in its free version. To remove all the restrictions, users need to purchase its premium version.
It is a feature-rich DWG viewer app for Android that anyone can use to view, analyze, and edit DWG files.
SchemataCAD Viewer by ELMER Software
SchemataCAD Viewer is yet another free DWG viewer app for Android. Using this app, users can view 2D schematics of models carried by DWG and DXF CAD files. Although, users cannot use this viewer to view DWG and DXF files larger than 20 MB. Now, follow check out the main features of this app.
- Essential Viewing Tools: To properly view and analyze a DWG file model or design, it offers all the essential viewing tools like zoom in, zoom out, move, etc.
- Layers: It shows all the layers present on a model along with tools to enable and disable specific layers.
- Used Fonts: It shows the names of all the fonts used in a DWG file.
- Page Tools: Using page tools, users can switch between multi-page schematics of a model.
- This app can only be used to view DWG models of small sizes.
It is a straightforward DWG viewer app for Android that anyone can use to view the 2D schematics of a DWG app.
ARES Touch by Graebert GmbH
ARES Touch is the next free DWG viewer app for Android. This app is designed to view and edit 2D and 3D models present in DWG files. Although, most features provided by this app focuses on editing instead of viewing. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- Essential Viewing Tools: To view DWG files, this app offers essential zoom-in and move features for closer inspection of the model.
- View Menu: It contains various tools through which users can view a model in 2D mode, view a model in 3D mode, view model with surface, view model without surface, etc.
- Layers: Using layers tools, users can view all the layers, enable model layers, and disable any model layer.
- Draw: Using drawing tools (line, polyline, arc, etc.), users can draw over the existing DWG file model.
- Modify: It offers advanced tools through which users can split designs, mirrors a design, scale design, move a design, and more.
- The app comes with multiple premium features that can only be accessed after purchasing the premium version of this app.
It is another capable DWG viewer app for Android that offers a good set of DWG model viewing and editing tools that anyone can use without much hassle
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014