5 Best Free Video Explorer Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free video explorer software for Windows. If you need to explore and manage videos or movie files on your system, then you should use these video explorer software. These software allow you to centralize multiple video directories and folders present in different locations of your system. After these software centralize all your video content in one place, you can easily explore all your videos without much hassle. Through some software, you can also explore videos present on servers and on different systems of a local network. To explore videos, these freeware offer some exploration features like search, sort, filter, etc. Plus, you can also view relevant information about explored videos like aspect ratio, resolution, audio codec, aspect ratio, etc.
Through these video explorer software, you can also play videos as they all come with an inbuilt video player. In video players of these video explorers, you can find all essential features like seek bar, volume controller, next/previous track, repeat video, etc. A good variety of video file formats are also supported by media player of these video explorers like MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, M2TS, etc. Apart from these features, you can find some additional features in these software. Some of the additional features which you get in these freeware are Profiles, Add-ons support, Screenshots, Video Downloader, and Online Radio. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite Video Explorer Software For Windows:
Kodi is my favorite software because it offers all the essential video explorer features. Its inbuilt video player is also quite powerful as it can handle videos of various different formats. I also like its beautifully designed interface that makes video exploration and management quite easy.
Kodi is a free open source video explorer software for Windows, iOS, macOS, Android, and Raspberry Pi. Using this software, you can easily create a collection of videos, movies, etc., and explore added videos using its powerful video exploration features. To explore videos, it offers Search, Filter, Sort, and Order features. I also like its ability to show all the relevant information about a video as soon as you select it, such as video title with thumbnail, video aspect ratio, video resolution, embedded audio type, etc. Apart from video, you can also use Kodi to manage and explore TV stations, Radio Stations, Music, TV Shows, etc.
Through this software, you can explore and manage videos of 31 different video formats like MPEG-2, H.263, MPEG-4 SP, ASP, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), H.265, HuffYUV, Indeo, RealVideo, RMVB, WMV, and more.
- Video Exploring Features: As mentioned earlier, this software offers multiple video exploring features which include Search (to search a video by using its name), Sort (it lets you sort out videos based on date, size, and name), Order (it lets you arrange video in ascending or descending order based on name, size, and date), and Filter (it allows you to filter videos based on their date and size).
- Inbuilt Media Player: This video explorer software also offers an inbuilt media player through which you can play both video and audio files.
- Favorites: By marking some videos as your favorite, you can quickly access them from its interface.
- Simple Interface: The interface of this software is quite simple and beautiful. You can easily navigate throughout its interface using both mouse and keyboard.
- Profiles: In this software, you can create multiple profiles for different users so that they can manage their own set of video collections.
- Add-Ons Support: This software also supports external add-ons which allows you to introduce more features to this video explorer software.
- Network File System: It is a handy feature that allows you to manage and explore your video collections present on one or more systems of the same network.
It is one of the best free video explorer software as it lets you manage and explore multiple video collections without putting much effort.
CherryPlayer is another free video explorer software for Windows. Through this video explorer software, you can explore as well as manage a large collection of videos. Besides exploring videos, you can also play videos using its internal feature rich video player. Another good thing about this software is its ability to support videos of almost every format such as MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, MPEG, DIVX, and more.
- My Video: Using it, you can create a collection of all your videos present at different locations of your system, so that you can explore all your videos from one location. Besides this, it also offers a handy search option through which you can search for any video by using its name.
- Explore Online Videos: In this software, you can also explore online videos present on different online platforms like Twitch, YouTube, VK, etc.
- Inbuilt Video Player: Using it, you can play both online and offline videos. Plus, all essential video player features like seek bar, volume controller, stop, repeat video, etc., are also present in it.
- Music: Using it, you can create and manage a large collection of offline music files.
- Radio: It lets you add and play various online radio stations like OnlineRadioBox, Radio.net, SHOUTcast, etc.
- Online Video Downloader: Through this feature, you can quickly download online videos by providing URL links of videos to this feature.
It is a good video explorer software through which you can explore both the offline and online collection of videos with ease.
Movies & TV
Movies & TV is a default video explorer software of Windows. It is a dedicated software through which you can manage and explore videos present in local storage, removable storage, and on media servers. After specifying the path of different video locations, you can easily explore all your videos from a centralized location. Besides this, you can also play videos of different formats through this software. It also supports various video file formats such as MP4, AVI, WMV, M4V, M2TS, and more.
- Video Folders: This feature lets you add the paths of different video folders to this software so that you can access videos present in all the added video folders from one place (Video Folders). A simple search option is also present in it that lets you search for the desired video by using its name.
- Removable Storage: It is specially designed to add the paths of video folders present in a portable storage device so that you can explore videos of a portable storage device just like locally stored videos.
- Media Servers: It is a handy feature that lets you add paths of videos present in both local or remote servers so that you can also explore videos preset on servers with ease.
- Media Player: The inbuilt media player of this software is quite ordinary that allows you to play video and audio files of various formats. However, it offers one unique feature namely mini-player that allows you to play videos in a small floating interface.
- Slow Motion Video: It allows you to decrease the speed of a video so that you can analyze fast movements present in a video.
- Trim: It lets you trim out a portion of a video that you don’t want in the video.
It is another easy to use video explorer feature that you can use if you don’t want any external software to explore and play videos.
RealPlayer is yet another free video explorer software for Windows. This software is primarily a media player software that you can also use to explore videos. When you first launch this software, just after the installation, you will get a pop-up window asking you to add all the video and music folders so that you can explore all your music and videos in one place. By going to the Library section of this software, you can access all your videos. Plus many video exploring features are also provided by it. As it is mainly a video player software, thus you can also play videos of many different formats in this software like WMV, DIVX, MOV, FLV, AVI, MP4, and more.
- Library: Using it, you can manage and explore all your videos from one location. Plus, important video exploration features like search, sort, filter, etc., are also present in it.
- Media Player: With the inbuilt media player of this software, you can play audio and video files of almost any format.
- Web Videos: This feature lets you explore and play online videos and music files. It offers a search bar through which you can search for online videos and play them with ease.
- Video Downloader: As its name implies, it is used to download online videos by providing the URL of a specific video to download it.
- Photos and Albums: This feature is present in the Library of this software that lets you add, manage, and explore images and albums.
In this free version of RealPlayer, you will face various limitations like disabled backup feature, disabled cloud storage, disabled DVD burning feature, and more. To enjoy all of its features, you need to purchase the premium version of this software.
It is another good video explorer feature that allows you to explore both online and offline videos. In addition to that, you can use it for the management and exploration of photos and albums.
Kinovea is a free open source sports video analysis software for Windows. This sports analysis software can also be used as a video explorer software. In this software, you get an internal file explorer to search for videos present at different locations. Now, to centralize all your videos for better video exploration, you can use its Shortcut section. The shortcut section allows you to create shortcuts of all video containing folders on its interface that you can easily access.
Besides video exploration, it provides many sports video analyzing features like slow-motion video playback, video magnifier, perspective grid, text tool, angle, and more. Through this software, you can explore and play videos of MKV, MP4, AVI, WMV, etc., formats.
- Explorer: Using it, you can easily explore videos present in any part of your system.
- Shortcuts: It lets you create shortcuts of all the folders or directories which contain videos for quicker video exploration.
- Two Playback Screen: It is a handy feature that lets you play the same or two different videos at a time.
- Sports Analysis Tools: As mentioned earlier, this software offers many sports analysis tools through which you can find out the angle of motion, analyze fast movements by slowing them down, mark important positions over a video using text, circle, and marking tools, etc., and more.
- Screenshot: Using it, you can take snapshots of individual frames of a playing video.
- Save Composite Video: This tool lets you save a small portion of a video in MKV, MP4, and AVI formats.
It is another decent video explorer software through which you can easily create shortcuts of video directories which you can quickly explore from its interface.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014