Here is a list of best free Monte Carlo simulation software for Windows. These software use Monte Carlo techniques for the evaluation of different problems in different fields. Monte Carlo methods are computational algorithms used for obtaining numeric results which assess in risk analysis and decision making.
As you explore these Monte Carlo simulation software, you will find out that each of these is used in distinct application. These applications include simulation of building fires, computing a project’s time, Monte Carlo ray tracing, root locus analysis, computing eigenvalues, Markov chain Monte Carlo simulation, computing financial estimates, Monte Carlo simulation for trading systems, etc. You can view different charts related to particular simulation and numerical results too. For example, in simulation of building fires, the software shows Histograms, Cumulative Density Plot, Time Series Plot, Percentile Time Series Plot, and Sensitivity Analysis Plots graphs. You can also save the output charts.
My Favorite Free Monte Carlo Simulation Software For Windows:
As I have already mentioned that these software are used for completely different applications. Hence, you can go for the one on the basis of your requirement. I personally liked B-RISK as it provides a good number of graphical output to perform building fire simulation.
You may also like some best free Statistical Analysis Software, Econometric Software, and Data Mining Software for Windows.
B-RISK is a Monte Carlo simulation software for simulating building fires. You get various Monte Carlo results and graphics as simulation results to analyze in it. For data visualization, you get graphs including Histograms, Cumulative Density Plot, Time Series Plot, Percentile Time Series Plot, and Sensitivity Analysis Plots. You can visualize data for Upper/Lower Layer Temperature, Layer Height, FED Gases, FED Heat, Visibility, Rate of Heat Release, Sprinkler Activation Time, Frequency Plot, etc.
How to perform Monte Carlo simulation to simulate building fires:
- First step it to set up a new project by selecting user mode as NZBC-VM2 (supports verification methods for fire safety design) or Risk Simulator (fire risk simulation). You can also set different project settings such as layer assumptions, combustion parameters, interior temperature, exterior temperature, relative humidity, activity level, tenability, flame area constant, solver settings, etc.
- Now, you can add building description by adding room designs, ventilation (wall vents, ceiling vents, mechanical vents), and sensors (sprinkler and heat detectors and smoke detectors).
- You can then setup fire specifications which include fire selection, combustion parameters, CO/soot, fire object database, etc.
- Next, open console and create a base model by configuring project parameters like maximum number of iterations, maximum simulation time, MC output interval, etc.
- You can view output in the form of various graphs mentioned above. You can copy any of the graphs to the clipboard. It also provides an option to export data to Excel, but it didn’t work fine during my testing.
- It provides a Smokeview tool to visualize model geometry with wall and ceiling vents and numerical calculations generated by fire models.
Overall, it is a nice software to simulate building fires using Monte Carlo techniques.
Home Page Download Page
Hard Spheres Monte Carlo Model
Hard Spheres Monte Carlo Model is a free software to perform canonical Monte Carlo simulations of a number of hard spheres covering the fluid and solid states. To do so, follow these steps:
- Firstly, enter values of different parameters including number of spheres, reduced number density, maximum displacement for random particle moves, maximum radial distance for fitting the running radial distribution functions, number of cycles for equilibration, fitting polynomial degree, etc.
- Hit the Play button and it will display running distribution function plot. Apart from that, it also shows Numerical Results table and Equation of State graph.
- You can capture a snapshot of any of the results’ windows.
It provides a quick guide to get started with. You can learn about different parameters and simulation using the guide.
Home Page Download Page
Equity Monaco is a free Monte Carlo simulation software for trading systems.
How to perform Monte Carlo simulation for trading system:
- Firstly, from Settings tab, you need to set up position data source, value of positions per trial, starting capital, minimum capital, position sizing method, etc.
- You can start the simulation and as the simulation ends, it displays Equity curve.
- You can run the simulation again with extra capital and check profit level curve for the first and second runs in Profit tab.
It also provides maximum drawn down, maximum winning run percentile, maximum losing run percentile, worst equity level percentile, source position’s profit/loss, etc., charts. You can print or copy charts.
It is a nice free software to simulate trading systems using Monte Carlo methods. It basically integrates with TickQuest NeoTicker and provides the options to import NeoTicker System Performance File and NeoTicker Chart/System Positions Data.
Home Page Download Page
Tonatiuh is another free Monte Carlo simulation software for Windows. It is basically a ray tracing software which is used in optical simulation of solar concentrating systems.
You can create a scene and simulate it accordingly. It lets you insert group node, surface node, shapes (cone, cylinder, parabolic, trumpet, etc.), material (basic refractive, specular rough standard, virtual material, etc.), components (heliostat), and more. It provides various draw styles, stereo viewing, etc., options. You can also define environment parameters (sunlight, transmissivity). To execute Monte Carlo ray tracing, you can set up number of rays, random generator, width division, height division, rays per buffer, etc., options.
Home Page Download Page
Monte Carlo Simulations
Monte Carlo Simulations is a free software which uses Monte Carlo method (PERT based) to compute a project’s time. You can add various activities and then estimate project time. To add activities, you can enter description, precedences, distributions (Uniform, Triangular, Beta, Gaussian, and Exponential), parameters, and critical path node. To run calculation, you can specify number of repetitions for the simulation. In the results pane, you get maximum total duration, standard deviation, and time spent.
It is a portable Monte Carlo simulation software which requires Java to run. Home Page Download Page
Financial-Math Calculator is a portable software for computing financial estimates. It provides a Monte Carlo component which lets you run Monte Carlo simulation which is basically used to determine reasons of financial uncertainty. It lets you analyze portfolios, investments, project finance, etc. It displays evaluation of the confidence interval (95%) of the periodic payment of a loan. To perform Monte Carlo simulation, enter lower bound and upper bound of Rate and Number of Periods, fill in Loan (Present Value) and hit the Run button.
Apart from Monte Carlo simulation, you can also simulate sensitivity analysis to see how payment is affected when rate or number of periods’ changes. You can calculate PVOA, payment, rate, etc., using it. Home Page Download Page
Root Locus, as the name suggests, is a free software to perform root locus analysis with Monte Carlo method. It basically lets you solve root locus of g(s) for k>0 using Monte Carlo method. In its Code tab, you can write a program and then run it. In the Monitor tab, you can view real-time graphical analysis and output results. You can parse error report too.
It provides some example files which you can use to get started with this software. Home Page Download Page
Monte Carlo PCA for Parallel Analysis
Monte Carlo PCA for Parallel Analysis is a free software to compute eigenvalues by performing Monte Carlo simulation. It takes few inputs including number of variables, number of subjects, and number of replications and then computes random eigenvalues with standard deviation. You can print the results. Home Page Download Page
MCRobot is Markov chain Monte Carlo simulation software. It basically demonstrates the principles of Markov chain Monte Carlo method. It uses landscapes composed of one or more bivariate normal densities. You can define hill parameters and then use Robot menu to perform simulation. Robot menu contains the options including Start Walking, Continue Walking, Toggle Trajectory Display, etc.
It lets you save landscape as a text file or save the display as an EMF image. Home Page Download Page
MoccaCPU is a free CPU stress test tool which uses Monte Carlo algorithm. It basically calculates the approximate values of π (Pi). For this, you can set number of threads, passes per thread, and dot density. Home Page Download Page