8 Best Free Open Source Camera App For Android
Here is a list of best free open source camera app for Android. These apps are similar to standard camera apps through which you can take photos and record videos. However, these apps are open source that enables users to download, study, and manipulate their source codes.
Using these apps, you can easily capture high-quality photos and videos. To capture beautiful and high-quality photos, these apps offer various camera modes like high dynamic range, panorama, HDR advance, etc. Besides this, you also get various tools through which you can manually adjust camera features like camera resolution, image quality, compression, etc. Plus, various camera filters and effects are also present in these apps. To simplify the photo capturing process, these apps provide on-screen shutter button and hardware buttons like the volume key button. Similar to still photograph settings, you can find various video record settings through which you can adjust video resolution, video quality, etc.
In these apps, you also get various advanced tools that allow users to capture 4K videos, automatic face detection, autofocus, and more. Plus, all these apps allow users to take photos and record videos from both front and back cameras. Go through the list to know more about these apps.
My Favorite Open Source Camera App For Android:
Open Camera is my favorite app because it lets users capture high-quality photos and videos of up to 4K resolution. Plus, all the essential photo and video capturing features are present in it.
Open Camera is a free open source camera app for Android. Using this app, you can capture both still photos and videos. Plus, various photo modes and tools to adjust both video and photography parameters are also present in it. Let’s take a look at the main features of this open source app.
- Simple Camera Interface: This app offers only essential elements on its main interface namely Camera Shutter Button, Video Capture button, and Preview option.
- Photo Modes: To capture still images, this app offers three main photo modes namely STD (standard mode), DRO (its mode optimized the dynamic range of the captures RAW image file), PANO (using it, you can take panorama shots).
- Camera Controls: Using camera controls, users can enable /disable various camera features like touch to capture, pause after photo taking, timer beep, use volume keys to take photos, etc.
- Anti-Band: This app offers two anti band modes (50 Hz and 60 Hz) to reduce the light flickering effect in video.
- On-Screen GUI: Through this feature, you can add or remove various features from the main camera interface such as auto-level icon, stamp photo icon, custom text stamp icon, store location data icon zoom controls, etc.
- Video Settings: Using it, you can specify the maximum file size of video, record audio with video or not, specify audio source, specify audio channel, adjust video frame rate, specify video resolution, etc.
- 4K Recording: This app also supports 4K recording. Although, it is also important that your Android device should support 4K recording for better video quality.
It is an easy to use open source camera app for Android through which you can capture high-quality images and 4K videos.
HedgeCam is another free open source camera app for Android. This app offers a modern camera interface that contains all the essential tools on it. Similar to other apps, it can capture both still photos and videos. Plus, important camera technologies like high dynamic range and dynamic range optimizations features are present in it. I also like its video capability as it can record high-quality videos of up to full HD resolution. Now, check out the main features of this open source camera app.
- Photo Capturing Modes: To capture different types of photos you can use its photo modes like Focus Modes, Scene Modes, Color Effects, White Balance, ISO, etc.
- Selfie Mode: Through its selfie mode, you can capture photos using the front camera. This mode can capture photos using a timer, face detection, and voice commands.
- Mappable Hardware Keys: This app allows users to map available hardware keys to capture photos and videos through volume keys, lock screen key, etc.
- High-Quality Photos: To capture high-quality photos this app offers HDR and DRO dynamic range tools.
- Manual Camera Adjustment: This app also lets users manually control various camera parameters before taking a photo like ISO, grid, manual focus, manual white balance, exposure compensation, etc.
- Video Settings: Using it, users can adjust video resolution, video quality, video frame rate, video bitrate, etc.
It is another good open source camera app for Android devices that offers all the essential photo and video capturing features.
Simple Camera is yet another free open source camera app for Android. As its name implies, it is a simple camera app through which you can capture both photos and videos. This app only offers essential camera features and settings. Now, look at some of the main features of this app.
- Simple Interface: This app offers a simple interface that offers basic photo capturing, video capturing, and preview options on its interface.
- Resolution: This feature shows the actual resolution of your Android device camera.
- Effects: It contains multiple photo filters or effects that you can add while taking photos.
- Scenes: It offers various scenes like black and white, colorize, etc., to enhance an image.
- Focus: Using it, you can toggle between autofocus and manual focus.
It a decent open source camera app for Android that only offers basic photo and video capturing features.
Vector Camera is another free open source camera app for Android. This camera app is specially designed to take photos and capture videos with added effects. Unlike other camera apps, you cannot use it to take normal photos without an added effect. You can have a look at its primary features of this app.
- Real-Time Effects: This app offers many real-time effects that you can add to its main interface and take photos and capture videos with added effect.
- Custom Effects: Using it, you can create custom effects by adjusting background color and solid colors of existing effects.
- HQ: Using this mode, you can take high-quality images.
- Preview: In this section, you can view all the images captured using this camera app.
- Add Effect: Using it, you can add effects present in this app to locally stored images.
It is a good open source camera app for Android that you can use if you only want to take photos with added effects.
Free Camera is yet another free open source camera app for Android. It is another easy to use camera app that offers a user-friendly interface. On the interface of this app, you get essential photo capture, video capture, and settings options. Plus, options to adjust both video and audio parameters according to your requirements are also present in it. Let’s have a look at the primary features of this open source camera app.
- Photo Mode: This app offers two main photo modes namely STD (use it to take standard photos) and DRO (use it to capture photos with optimized dynamic range).
- Camera Controls: Using it, you can specify various camera settings according to your requirements like touch to capture, add shutter sound, use volume keys to take photos and record videos, save image location or not, etc.
- OnScreen GUI: This section allows users to specify what tools they want on the main camera interface such as zoom controls, show compass direction, show a grid, show a crop guide, etc.
- Photo Settings: Use it to adjust photo settings like image quality, front camera mirror, add stamps on photos, GPS stamp format, etc.
- Video Settings: Through video settings, users can specify the video resolution, video quality, maximum recording size, video frame rate, and more.
It is another capable open source camera app for Android that offers all the essential tools to capture high-quality photos and videos.
Simple Camera By Simple Mobile Tools
Simple Camera is another free open source camera app for Android. It is a simple camera app that only offers essential photo and video capturing features. It is capable to capture both photos and videos using front and back cameras. Although, it also offers some handy tools to improve the photo capturing and video recording experience. Let’s take a look at the primary features of this camera app.
- Auto and Tap to focus: This app supports autofocus that automatically focuses on the main subject. Although, it also allows users to manually focus on a subject by tapping on the screen.
- Camera Resolution: Through this feature, you can specify the resolution at which you want to take photos and record videos.
- On-Screen Flash: It offers an on-screen flash to take photos and record videos with a flashlight on.
- Photo Saving Features: Using this feature, you can save photos with or without metadata, change photo saving location, and specify the photo compression level.
- Shutter Tools: Using shutter tools, you can enable shutter sound and use volume buttons to take photos.
It is a basic open source camera app that offers a simple and clean environment to take photos and videos.
Open Camera Remote
Open Camera Remote is the next free open source camera app for Android. Through this app, you can remotely capture photos using your Android device. Although, you do need a separate WiFi Remote Camera app for another Android device that functions as a remote. To establish a connection between two devices, you just need a local WiFi hotspot. Apart from remotely capture photos, you can also use it as a standard camera app to take photos and capture videos. Now, check out its main features.
- Video and Photo Shutter Buttons: On the main interface of this app, you get video and photo shutter buttons to take photos and record videos.
- Photo Mode: Using this mode, you can capture both standard photos and dynamic range optimized photos.
- Photo Settings: Through these settings, you can adjust image quality, image format (JPEG or WEBP), add photo stamps, add GPS stamps, etc.
- Video Settings: Using these settings, you can adjust video bitrate, video frame rate, and capture videos at different resolutions.
- HTTP Server: This option allows users to remotely view photos.
- Anti-Banding: By enabling this feature, you can reduce flicker in recorded video.
It is a capable open source camera app through which you can remotely capture photos and videos.
FreeDCam is one more free open source camera app for Android. Through this app, you can easily capture photos and videos. Plus, its interface is also quite simple that allows novice users to take beautiful photos. Below are the main features of this Android app.
- Camera Modes: This app offers four main camera models namely Bracketing (to take multiple shots using different camera settings), Interval (it lets you continuously capture images after a specified time), Movie (using it to record video), and Picture (use it to take standard photos).
- Timer: Use it to set a timer of a few seconds after which this app will automatically a photo.
- Auto: Through this feature, you can enable and disable the autofocus feature.
It is a simple and easy to use open source camera app that anyone can use without much hassle.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014