5 Best Free Open Source iTunes Alternative Software for Windows
Here is a list of Best Free Open Source iTunes Alternative Software for Windows. These are basically free software for Windows which offer a similar feature set for music playback and management as iTunes and come with an open source license. That means you get setup files along with source code of these software which you can study, analyze, and manipulate freely. You can also contribute to development of these software.
These software offer all standard features of iTunes including music playback, song library organizer, playlist manager, remove duplicates, song equalizer, audio analyzer and visualizer, favorite track list, etc. You can also listen to online radio and podcasts, search songs online, play songs from various internet sources, etc. These offer integration with SoundCloud, Spotify, Amazon Music Store, etc., to play your favorite music from desired platform. Plus, metadata tag viewer and editor features are also offered in all these software which you get in iTunes. These show lyrics, cover image, title, album, and other metadata of the song.
In one of these, you also get feature to transfer music to device that is available in iTunes. Additionally, features like Transcode Music (audio converter), Rip Audio CD, Karaoke Mode, Synchronized Lyrics, Download Music, Send to iFP, Export Song Metadata, and more are offered in many of these alternatives. You can go through the list to know more about these iTunes alternatives.
My Favorite Free Open Source iTunes Alternative Software for Windows:
Clementine is my favorite software on this list. It provides quite a variety of music playback and organizer features that make it a great iTunes alternatives. You can play music from internet, view and edit songs’ tags, transfer music, and do much more.
I also liked Nuclear as it comes with a really attractive user interface.
Clementine is a free open source iTunes alternative for Windows. It is available for a good number of operating systems including Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, etc. You can use this software to centralize your music library in one place and enjoy your music. It provides all standard music playback functionalities plus various advanced music management features that you can look forward to. You can listen to your local music library, playlist files, podcasts, online radio, audio CD, connected devices, live streams, and more. It provides a variety of features that you can checkout below.
- It lets you scan your entire library to find soundtracks and add them to this software.
- You can adjust and customize various parameters to listen to songs as per your liking including output device, replay gain, sample rate, fade out, cross fade, etc.
- You can manage your playlists with the help of options like remove duplicates, remove unavailable tracks, sort tracks, and more.
- You can listen to music from a variety of online sources including SoundCloud, Dropbox, Amazon Cloud Drive, Icecast, Vk.com, RadioTunes.com, SomaFM, Magnatune, Jamendo, and a lot more. You can configure settings for each of these services to enjoy music without much hassle.
- It can fetch and show multiple tags of songs from various online sources. Also, you can edit tag information manually.
- You can view lyrics of a song in a sidebar.
- It also displays artist information and provides a Cover Manager tool in order fetch missing artwork of songs.
- Just like iTunes, it also provides Copy to Device feature to transfer music to connected device.
- It provides more handy features that include Equalizer, Visualizer, Queue Manager, etc.
- You can also convert audio formats using its Transcode Music tool. For that, you can customize some preferences including quality, bitrate, encoding engine quality, etc.
- You can also find a Rip Audio CD feature in it.
- It shows music notifications while you continue to work on other applications.
It is one of the best open source iTunes alternative software for Windows which provides most number of iTunes like features as compared to other alternatives.
Quod Libet is another free open source iTunes alternative for Windows, Mac, Linux, and more platforms. It is a good music player and organizer software that comes in both installer and portable package. So, you can get its application file in required package as per your need.
It is nice and clean software that lets you listen to your favorite music. You can scan your library to find tracks as well as manually add songs to it. By default, it provides some standard features that help you organize your music library. However, you can go to its File menu > Plugins to enable or disable functions as per your requirements. Let’s checkout features that makes it a good open source iTunes alternative.
- It provides SoundCloud integration feature that lets you connect with SoundCloud and search for your favorite song online. You can then listen to browsed songs in this software.
- You can listen to podcasts using its Audio Feed feature.
- It fetches and shows you lyrics and other tags of songs. Plus, you can also manually edit metadata of soundtracks.
- You can enable synchronized lyrics to play lyrics with songs in synchronous manner.
- It provides advanced metadata features that let you search tags from wikipedia, download cover images of songs from Discogs, Amazon, Last.fm, MusicBrainz, and other sources, use acoustic fingerprinting lookup, etc.
- You can search library for specific song, view playlist, view cover grid, view audio feeds, etc.
- It lets you perform website search to look up for songs online.
- You can also control various parameters to play songs such as audio pitch, tempo, speed, etc.
- It also provides an Equalizer to control tone of music as per your liking.
- You can use its Karaoke feature in order to remove vocals from songs and play Karaoke sound.
- It provides many more plugins that you can use as per your need such as Tag BPM, Audio Compressor, Send to iFP, Mute Radio Ads, Mono Downmix, Lullaby, Export Song List, Export Metadata, Remove Embedded Images, Duplicates Browser, Update Tags in Files, and many more.
It is a nice and user friendly music player plus organizer which provides many of features that iTunes offers.
Nuclear is yet another open source iTunes alternative software for Windows. It is also a portable software that you can use on the go. It is a beautifully designed software that lets you play local and online music. You can lookup songs from various online free sources and listen to them. It provides a dedicated Search bar where you can type and look for songs online. It is quite a fast software that fetches song results in matter of a few seconds.
- Dashboard: It provides a dedicated dashboard where you can find best new music and top tracks. You can view information of tracks as well as play them from here. Plus, it lets you browse music based on their genres.
- Download: You can download browsed audio tracks and view them all in this section.
- Playlist: You can add songs to a playlist and save the playlist to listen to the same set of songs again.
- Lyrics: As the name suggests, you can view lyrics of the currently playing song.
- Equalizer: Use this feature to adjust and control tone of a song manually or using some presets.
- Search Results: You can type song names or other tags in its search bar and search for songs. It shpws results in different categories including album. artist, tracks, etc.
- Collection: You can browse your local library, view favorite albums, and view favorite tracks.
- Plugins: You can use some additional plugins to select various default sources including Stream Provider, Metadata Provider, and Lyrics Provider. If you want, you can also add user defined plugins from trusted sources.
It is a good open source iTunes alternatives with some standard but essential functionalities. I especially liked it’s clutter-free GUI.
Strawberry Music Player
Strawberry Music Player is the next free open source iTunes alternative for Windows, Mac, Linux, and other operating systems. It is a nice music player with music organizer capabilities. You can manage your music library and use a variety of tools to perform different music management tasks. You can listen to your local library or add a live stream and play it in this software. It works well with all standard audio (MP3, WAV, FLAC, WavPack, Ogg Vorbis, Speex, MPC, etc.) as well as playlists (M3U, PLS, CUE, XSPF, etc.). Additionally, it also supports audio CD playback.
There are many more features that you can look forward to in this open source iTunes alternative. Let’s have a look at them.
- You can organize your music collection using various options including scan music folders, group by, show duplicates, show untagged, favorite playlist, remove duplicates from playlist, remove unavailable tracks from playlist, etc.
- It provides tag editing and viewing features including complete tags automatically, edit track information, edit tag title, and more.
- It provides a Cover Manager that lets you view, fetch (from online), and export cover image of a song.
- You get Audio Equalizer and Audio Analyzer features in it.
- It offers a Transcode Music to convert audio files from one format to another.
It is a simple open source iTunes alternative which provides some handy features to manage your music library and play your songs.
Amarok is one more free open source iTunes alternative software for Windows. Like other listed software, it also provides some similar features that you get in iTunes. It is basically help you discover new music and enjoy music like never before. You can enjoy music from your local directories, search music from internet, connect to various online sources and listen to music, listen to Last.fm radio, enjoy podcasts, manage your music library, and do more.
- It supports various internet services in order to browse music online including Ampache, Jamendo, Amazon Music Store, Last,fm, Magnatune Store, etc.
- It fetches song lyrics from online sources and display them over its interface.
- You can also edit track details such as title, album, lyrics, artist, etc.
- You can also add URL stream to play live audio stream.
- It also lets you manage playlists with options like customize playlist layout, remove duplicates, export playlist, etc.
- You can also find an Equalizer in it that enables you fine tune audio parameters as per your requirement.
- It also provides a Cover Manager and a Bookmark Manager.
It is a decent open source iTunes alternative that lets you listen to online music from a variety of sources. Plus, you can manage your playlist and song metadata too.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014