10 Best Free Open Source VPN For Android Apps
Here is a list of best free open source VPN for Android. VPN or Virtual Private Network is a service that makes its users anonymous and protects their information from ad bots. It also helps users remove country-specific restrictions like banned websites, banned apps, etc. You can easily find many free VPN apps on the Playstore. Although, if you are looking for free open source VPN apps, then check out this article. The source code of these VPN apps is freely available that anyone can download and make changes to it.
Most of these apps provide a system VPN on your Android device. That means all the applications and services of your Android device will access the internet through a VPN. Although some app, only provide VPN within their interface. To enable VPN in your device, most of these apps use free VPN nodes or servers. According to their requirements, users can connect to a freely available VPN node to enable VPN in their device. After connecting to a VPN, these apps show stats like upload speed, download speed, server Ip address, ping, etc. At any time, users can also switch between multiple available free VPN nodes. Go through the list to know more about these apps.
My Favorite Open Source VPN For Android App:
Sentinel Lite is my favorite app because it offers a large number of free VPN servers or nodes. Plus, it offers end to end encryption and doesn’t store any user data.
You can also check out lists of best free Open Source Android Launcher, Open Source Camera App, and Open Source Messaging App for Android.
Sentinel Lite is a free open source VPN for Android app. It is a decentralized VPN app that doesn’t store any browsing history and user data. It also comes with multiple inbuilt VPN nodes (servers) with which users can connect, to enable VPN on their Android device. Let’s take a brief look at the primary features of this open source VPN app.
- Multiple Nodes: This app offers multiple nodes situated in different parts of the world namely North America (51 nodes), Europe (68 nodes), Asia (12 nodes), and Oceania (10 nodes).
- Quick Connect: Using it, users can quickly connect to any random node without wasting any time.
- End to End Encrypted: This VPN app provides end to end encryption so that no personal data can leak to the internet. To encrypt the connection, it uses AES 256 CDC algorithm.
- Network Status: After the successful VPN connection, users can view download speed, upload speed, data usage, latency, etc., network information.
It is one of the best free open source VPN for Android app through which users can easily connect with various VPN nodes.
OpenVPN Connect is a free open source VPN for Android, Windows, macOS, and Linux. It is mainly a VPN client, that users can connect with both free and paid VPN servers. If you want to connect this client with a free VPN server then, you can check out VPNBook website. On this website, users can find various free VPN servers and accounts that they can download and configure with this client.
The process to configure a VPN server with this VPN client app is simple. First, download a free VPN server file. After that, launch this app and import the downloaded OVPN server file. Next, provide the username and password (present in the VPNBook website) of the server to enable VPN on an Android device. Now, check out the main features of this open source VPN app.
- VPN Profiles: In this VPN client app, users can add multiple free and paid VPN profiles. Plus, it also makes it easy for users to switch between profiles.
- Proxy: In this app, users can also add proxy hosts to divert internet traffic through one or more proxy servers.
- Connection Stats: It shows all the internet stats like download speed, upload speed, internet speed graph, server IP, port number, and more.
- Log File: It contains information about all the connections with different profiles. An option to share the log file is also present in it.
It is another good open source VPN for Android app that gives users the flexibility to connect with various VPN servers.
VPN Gate Connector
VPN Gate Connector is another free open source VPN for Android. This app provides many free VPN servers present in various parts of the world. According to their requirements, users can easily select a server and enable the VPN on their Android device. Now, look at the primary features of this app.
- VPN Server List: On its main interface, users can view a list of free VPN servers situated in different countries such as Japan, US, Korea, and more.
- Server Information: With each free VPN server, users also get their information such as IP Address, Hostname, Score, Uptime, Ping, Session, and more.
- Connect to Server: By selecting a server and tapping on the connect to this server button, users can enable VPN on their device.
- Search: Using it, users can search for a specific VPN server using its country name, Hostname, or Operator name.
- Filter: It is another handy tool through which users can filter VPN servers according to their ping, speed, and session time.
- The free version of this app shows ads on its interface. To remove ads, users need to purchase its premium version.
It is another good open source VPN for Android app that comes with multiple free VPN servers and provide a system-wide VPN service.
Tor Browser is another free open source VPN for Android, macOS, and Windows. As its name implies, it is mainly a web browser that comes with a built-in VPN. Through this app, users can anonymously browse the internet and protect themselves from all types of ad tracker bots. To provide the VPN service, it uses the Tor network that consists of thousands of nodes and bridges to protect user identity and their activity over the internet. Now, check out its main features.
- Block Trackers: This app blocks all ad trackers and bots that collect users’ browsing data.
- Resist Fingerprinting: This feature protects users from getting identified over the internet.
- Multi-Layered Encryption: This app encrypts all the traffic multiple times by directly passing the traffic through the Tor network.
- Library: Using it, users can manage bookmarks, history, and downloads.
- Customize: It allows users to add various shortcuts like add-on menu, history, etc., over the main interface.
- This VPN app doesn’t enable system-wide VPN service. It only provides VPN within its interface.
It is another good open source VPN for Android app that allows users to securely and anonymously browse the internet.
WireGuard is another free open source VPN for Android. This app allows users to connect to the internal through a virtual private network. To establish a VPN connection, users need to import a free VPN configuration file from websites like vpnbook.com. After establishing a connection, users can enable VPN on their phones for free. Now, follow the below steps.
- Import Free and Open VPN Config Files: This feature allows users to import different VPN server configuration files to connect to different free VPN servers.
- Cryptokey Routing: WireGuard uses crypto key routing that works by combining public keys with a list of IP addresses that are allowed inside the tunnel.
- Built-in Roaming: The client configuration data contains the endpoint of its server so that it knows where to send the encrypted data before receiving the encrypted data.
It is another good open source VPN for Android that lets users work with multiple open VPN server configuration files.
VpnHood! is another free open source VPN for Android. This app offers a one-click VPN service that protects users from trackers and hides their actual identity over the internet. In this app, users can also add open and private VPN servers and access VPN through them. Now, check out the main features of this VPN app.
- Hybrid VPN: Unlike other similar VPN apps, it uses the hybrid VPN technology that lets users apply VPN to other devices of the same network. Although, it mainly supports three network protocols namely TCP, UDP, and ICMP.
- Improves Privacy: To improve users’ privacy, it keeps users’ server IP and access key private and doesn’t share it with others.
- Tunnel My Country: It lets users tunnel all traffic from their countries for extra privacy. Although, users can also choose not to tunnel all traffic for a faster browsing experience.
It is another good open-source VPN for Android that lets users choose desired VPN servers.
RiseupVPN is another free online open source VPN for Android. This app comes with multiple free VPN servers located in different cities such as Paris, New York, Seattle, Montreal, and more. Plus, this app doesn’t need an account to use. Besides this, it offers all the VPN benefits like user privacy, anonymity on the internet, data security, and more. Now, check out the main features of this open-source VPN app.
- Multiple Free Server Locations: This app offers multiple free servers situated all across the world like Paris, New York, Amsterdam, and more.
- One Click VPN: It one-click option can automatically connect to one of various available free VPN servers.
- Exclude Apps from VPN: It is a handy tool that allows users to select one or more apps that they don’t want to access the VPN.
- Snowflake: It is an advanced feature that bypasses multiple restrictions deployed by Governments to censor people.
- This app also offers a couple of experimental features namely Blok Ipv6 and VPN Hotspot. To use these features, users need to root their Android devices.
It is another good online open source VPN for Android that anyone can use to quickly connect their device to a secure VPN server.
BeePassVPN is yet another free open source VPN for Android. It is another free, secure, and open-source Android VPN app. It protects the privacy and data of users when they browse the internet. It can also automatically activates the VPN as soon as users enable the internet on their device. To enable VPN, it offers its own pass key that users can use for free. Although, users can also enter their own VPN pass key to connect to a specific VPN server. Now, check out its main features.
- Bypass Censorship: It helps users bypass all internet censorship rules deployed by different governments.
- Provides Access key: One free VPN access key can be accessed by users. Although to connect to different BeePass VPN servers, users need to purchase access keys.
- Protection on Public Networks: It also protects users from public Wi-Fi as open Wi-Fi hotspots are often unsecured and vulnerable to cyberattacks.
It is another good open source VPN for Android that anyone can use for free.
Gear VPN is another free open source VPN for Android. This app comes with multiple free and premium VPN servers spread across multiple countries like Korea, Russia, Thailand, Germany, and more. By connecting to a desired VPN server, users can access all the region-restricted data, maintain their anonymity, and securely browse the internet. Now, check out its main features.
- One-Click Connection: It offers a one-click connection feature that enables the VPN by automatically connecting to an available VPN server.
- Split Tunneling: This feature sends some traffic through the VPN tunnel while the remaining traffic directly goes to the internet. This feature improves the overall internet speed and reduces the load on VPN servers.
- Server Filter: Use it to filter out free or premium VPN servers.
- Some VPN servers offered by it can only be accessed by premium users.
It is another capable open-source VPN for Android that offers both free and premium VPN servers.
windscribe.com is another free open source VPN for Android. It is another easy-to-use VPN app that helps users maintain their privacy and secure their data while browsing the internet. It also ensures the anonymity of users. Plus, it stops all the ads trackers and other tracking programs. It also offers multiple free VPN servers distributed across the world with which users can connect and enjoy VPN service. Now, check out its main features.
- VPN Benefits: It provides all the primary VPN benefits like Ads blocking, tracker blocking, no-logging policy, distributed servers, encryption of user activity, and more.
- 10 GB Bandwidth: By creating an account for this app and confirming email addresses, users can get up to 10 GB monthly data for free.
- Multiple Protocols: It offers four different protocols namely UDP, TCP, IKEv2, and Stealth. Users can select any available protocol according to their requirements.
- Split Tunneling: It helps in improvising the internet speed by reducing the load on VPN servers.
- It also offers premium features like unlimited bandwidth, unlimited connections, access to premium servers, and more.
It is a feature-rich open source VPN server that anyone can use without much hassle.
Passionate about tech and science, always look for new tech solutions that can help me and others.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- June 2023
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014