4 Best Free SKP to DXF Converter Software for Windows
Here is a list of Best Free SKP to DXF Converter Software for Windows. These free software can be used to convert Google’s SketchUp model (SKP file) to AutoCAD Drawing Exchange Format (DXF). All these support SKP as input and DXF as output. Hence, you can import an SKP model, view and analyze it, and then export it to DXF format. These support a lot of versions of DXF format to convert an SKP file including AutoCAD 2004-2006, AutoCAD 2007-2009, AutoCAD 2010-2011, R12, R13, R14, etc. Besides DXF, you can convert SKP to various other 2D and 3D formats such as DWG, 3DS, DAE, PLY, OBJ, etc.
You can also modify the SKP file prior to conversion to DXF. Tools like draw shapes, draw lines, draw arcs, rotate, scale, move, push/ pull, paint, material editor, texture editor, pattern editor, and more tools can be used to edit SKP file. In these, you can also find various advanced viewing options, animation features, purging tools, material catalogs, 3D warehouse, and more features. One of these also provides a batch conversion feature to convert multiple SKP files to DXF and other formats simultaneously. Overall, these are feature-rich CAD software with additional conversion feature to convert SKP to DXF. Also, these are very easy to use, so you can perform the conversion without much hassle.
My Favorite Free SKP to DXF Converter Software for Windows:
DoubleCAD XT and SketchUp Make are both my favorites as you can convert SKP to multiple versions of AutoCAD DXF format. Plus, these support a lot more other formats to convert an SKP file.
DoubleCAD XT is a free SKP to DXF converter software for Windows. Using this free software, you can convert a SketchUp file to various versions of DXF file like AutoCAD 2004-2006, AutoCAD 2007-2009, AutoCAD 2010-2011, etc. It also lets you convert SKP files to various other file formats like DWG, PLT, 2CT, 2CD, etc. You can also convert SKP to PDF format using its Print function.
It is mainly a 2D CAD software that offers a variety of design tools. You can use drawing tools, architectural elements, modify tools, hatch pattern editor, dimensioning tools, purge tool, insert raster image, and more to edit SKP drawing prior to conversion. Furthermore, it also provides you several view features to properly view and analyze a drawing including SKP. These features include pan, zoom in, zoom out, rotate, etc.
Let’s have a look at the SKP to DXF conversion steps now.
How to convert SKP to DXF in DoubleCAD XT:
- Firstly, you need to open the drawing saved in SKP file that you want to convert.
- Now, you can easily visualize and modify the source SKP drawing using available viewing and editing tools.
- Next, go to its File menu and click the Save As option.
- After that, select DXF format and desired file version and then start the conversion by pressing the Save button.
It is one of the best free SKP to DXF converter software that supports multiple versions of DXF as well as DWG to open, view, edit, and convert.
SketchUp Make is another SKP to DXF converter software for Windows. As its name implies, it is a dedicated SKP drawings maker software that lets you create different 2D and 3D models. It also lets you convert the existing model in SKP format to DXF and other formats like DWG, DAE, 3DS, FBX, OBJ, WRL, etc. You can also edit the SKP file before conversion using tools like draw lines, draw arcs, draw shapes, push/ pull, rotate, scale, paint bucket, etc. A lot of advanced viewing features are also provided in it, such as shadow, fog, edge style, face style, etc.
How to convert SKP to DXF in SketchUp Make:
- Firstly, go to File > Import option to load an SKP model in this software.
- Now, view and if needed, you can also modify the model using provided tools.
- After that, from the File menu, click the Export > 2D Graphic option.
- Next, select DXF as output format and then use the Options menu to customize various DXF parameters like AutoCAD Version (Release 12, Release 13, Release 14, AutoCAD 2013, etc.), drawing scale & size, profile lines, etc.
- When you’re done setting up output configurations, press the Export button to start the conversion.
- It is free for only educational and private use.
It is another good SKP to DXF converter that also supports various other output formats to convert an SKP file.
pCon.planner is yet another free SKP to DXF converter software for Windows. It is a 2D and 3D CAD software used for interior space designing. In it, you can also import and modify existing models in various formats including SKP, DXF, DWG, OBJ, 3DS, and more. You can also convert these models from one format to another, such as SKP to DXF, SKP to DWG, SKP to OBJ, OBJ to DAE, etc. It also supports various 2D image formats to take a shot of your model, such as SVG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, etc.
To perform the conversion, you can use its dedicated export function. You can edit the SketchUp model before converting it to DXF drawing using tools like extrude, sculpt, layer management, texture modification, material editing, rotate, scale, move, dimension tools, etc. After editing, you can convert SKP file to any other supported format. Let us checkout the steps of conversion now.
How to convert SKP to DXF in pCon.planner:
- Launch this software and import an SKP model to it using the dedicated import function.
- After that, view, analyze, and edit the model the way you want. If you don’t want to edit, you can directly move to the conversion step.
- Now, go to the File menu and simply press the Export > Geometry option.
- Next, select output format as DXF and give output filename.
- Finally, press the Save button to start SKP to DXF conversion process.
- It lets you generate an animation of a 3D model.
- You also get features including 3D Warehouse, Catalog, and Material to import respective object and use it in your project.
It is a comprehensive 3D design software that also allows you to convert an SKP model to DXF format. You can also design some powerful 2D and 3D models through it.
NuGraf is one more SKP to DXF converter for Windows. Using it, you can batch convert multiple files to DXF format at once. It is basically a 3D data translation and rendering software that provides a batch conversion feature. Its batch conversion feature allows you to convert a set of multiple SKP and other 2D/ 3D files to DXF format. Plus, a lot of other output formats are supported in it such as DWG, SLDASM, IGES, 3DS, STL, PLY, STP, etc. Let’s checkout how you can perform the conversion in it.
How to convert SKP to DXF in NuGraf:
- At first, click the File menu > Batch Convert option to open its batch conversion feature.
- Now, import one or more SKP files that you want to convert.
- After that, then choose DXF R12 as output format.
- Furthermore, you can set up output configurations prior to conversion, such as output enables (polygons, 3D point set, polylines, etc.), output polygon, separate polygon into separate layers, line terminator type, etc.
- At last, provide destination location and press the Convert Files! option to start batch SKP to DXF conversion process.
In this free version of NuGraf, there is a major limitation that doesn’t allow you to convert every 5th polygon of each object in the resulting model.
It is a decent SKP to DXF converter which provides a batch conversion feature to let you convert multiple SKP files to DXF format. But, the limitation in its free edition kind of makes it undesirable. However, you can convert subtle and basic structures using it.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014