6 Best Free Android DICOM Viewer Apps
Here is a list of best free Android DICOM viewer apps. DICOM or Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine is a popular file format to carry medical imaging and CT scan data. This format is also used to exchange and store digital medical images between the DICOM programs and apps. To view a DICOM file on an Android device, you can use these Android DICOM viewer apps. These apps offer multiple viewing tools to view and analyze DICOM medical images. In some of these apps, you can also play multi-frame DICOM files as a video to analyze organ motion and minute details. These apps also provide a color invert feature to bring out all the details from different parts of a DICOM medical image. In a few apps, you can even compare two slides of a DICOM file in side by side windows.
These apps also offer multiple touch actions to perform zoom, image flip, pan, etc., actions on a DICOM image. Apart from viewing the DICOM file, you can also annotate and add text to DICOM images using some of these apps. These DICOM viewers also carry multiple additional tools that may come in handy. Using additional tools, you can view remote DICOM files, adjust character sets, view tags, and more. Go through the list to know more about these apps.
My Favorite Android DICOM Viewer Apps:
DroidRender is my favorite app because it offers the most number of tools to view and analyze almost all the aspects of a DICOM file.
DroidRender is a free Android DICOM viewer app. In this app, you can view DICOM files carrying medical imaging data. In this app, you can view single and multilayered DICOM files. Plus, it also offers various color, brightness, and saturation adjustment tools to clearly view all the details present in the medical image. Now, check out the main features of this Android DICOM viewer app.
- Region Function: Using this tool, you can view different segments of a medical image in different colors.
- Render Type: It lets you view the DICOM medical image in either greyscale or color mode.
- Typical Windows for CT: It offers multiple presets optimize to view CT scans of different body parts like Head – Brain, Head – Posterior fossa, Neck, Chest – Lung, Abdomen – Liver, etc.
- Single touch Functions: Using it, you can either adjust the translation, sizing, or contrast of a medical image by single screen touch.
- Slicing: This feature lets you slice both the 2D and 3D medical imaging models.
- DICOM File Information: In this app, you can also view information related to a DICOM file like Modality, Patient SEX, Body Part Examined, Series Time, Image Size, and more.
It is one of the best free Android DICOM viewer app that lets you view and analyze every aspect of medical imaging data present in a DICOM file.
Simple Dicom Viewer
Simple Dicom Viewer is another free Android DICOM viewer app. In this app, you can easily view and analyze CT scans and medical images present in a DICOM file. To clearly view small and unclear details, it offers color inversion ability. Other than that, it also allows viewers to view DICOM information and DICOM tags. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this app.
- Invert: It is a handy tool that inverts the color profile of the DICOM image to bring out all the minute details that you cannot view with the default color profile.
- Manual WC/ WW: Using this tool, you can precisely adjust the DICOM window center and window width.
- Make One Series: It is a handy tool that lets you view multiple DICOM images as one series.
- DICOM Info: It shows basic DICOM file information like resolution, file name, current location, date, etc.
- DICOM Tag: This feature mainly shows the VR tags and their values present in a DICOM file.
- Character Set: Using this feature, you can change the default character set of a DICOM file to ISO_88992_2, ISO_88992_3, ISO_88992_4, JIS_X_201, JIS_X_212, etc.
It is another good Android DICOM viewer app that comes with a good set of DICOM image and tag viewing tools.
mRay is another free Android DICOM viewer app. In this app, you can easily view both the locally stored and cloud-stored DICOM files. It also offers its own server for premium users to store their DICOM files. A good set of DICOM medical image viewing and measuring tools are also present in it. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- Multiple Image Viewer: This feature lets you view multiple image DICOM files and navigate around them.
- Comparison Window: In this app, you can also compare two DICOM medical images in side by side windows.
- Level Window: It carries multiple tools that let you invert color and toggle between presets (bones, brains, lungs), etc., to highlight very minute details.
- Measurement and Annotation: On the main viewer of this app, you can view a scale to measure distance. Besides this, it also lets users annotate any part of the DIOCM image.
- Interaction Functions: Interaction functions of this app allows users to zoom and pan DICOM images by touch actions.
- DICOM CINE: Use it to watch multi-frame DICOM files like a cinema.
- Search and Edit: In this app, you can also view various information carried by a DICOM file like Patient ID, Patient Name, Gender, Modality. Unlike other similar apps, it also lets you edit all the DICOM file information.
It is another capable Android DICOM viewer app in which you can view and analyze various aspects of a DICOM medical image.
Mobile Dicom Viewer
Mobile Dicom Viewer is another free Android DICOM viewer app. It is a simple DICOM viewer app in which you can view the medical image and DICOM tags present in a DICOM file. Unlike most other apps, it doesn’t carry advanced color and brightness adjustment tools to clearly view all the aspects of a DICOM image. Instead, it just offers a basic pinch to zoom feature to closely analyze a DICOM medical image. Now, check out the main features of this Android DICOM viewer app.
- DICOM Image: It is the main DICOM file viewer in which you can view and analyze the DICOM CT scans and images. To closely analyze a specific area of an image, it offers a pinch to zoom functionality.
- DICOM Tags: It shows all the tags associated with the input DIOCM file such as Group Tag, Element Tag, Tag Name, VM, VR, and Value.
- SCP Service: The presence of this service in this app allows users to connect to remote devices and view/ transfer DICOM files present on them.
It is a basic Android DICOM viewer app in which you can easily view the standard DICOM image and tag information.
DICOM Viewer is yet another free Android DICOM viewer app. It is another easy to use DICOM viewer app in which you can view and analyze multipage DICOM files. In addition to that, it also lets you view DICOM elements and tables. Now, check out the main features of this Android DICOM viewer app.
- View Options: It offers various tools to adjust the DICOM file size (normal, fit, fit always, etc.) and interactive actions (window level, pan zoom, center at, etc.).
- Width and Center: You can easily adjust the width and center of a DICOM medical image to properly view all the parts of a DICOM image.
- DICOM Elements: It shows various DICOM file elements like image type, SOP Class UID, Study Date, Series Date, Content-Type, Patient Study, and more.
- DICOM Tables: It shows detailed Tag, VR, and UID tables and their values.
- Play: In the case of a multi-frame DICOM file, you can use this feature to run a slideshow of frames.
It is another good Android DICOM viewer app in which you can view and analyze DICOM files.
Symmetry DICOM is the next free Android DICOM viewer app. Using this app, you can access and view DICOM files stored in your device or cloud storage service. It also offers tools to adjust the Centre and Width of DICOM medical image to view all the details. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- View Adjustment Tools: This app offers multiple view adjustment tools through which you can zoom in on image, pan DICOM image, and rotate dicom image.
- Window Centre and Width: Use this tool to adjust the shade and position of the DICOM image to view all the details.
- Multi-Frame DICOM Support: In this app, you can also view multi-frame DICOM images with ease.
- Axis View: Use this tool to view 3D DICOM files from all the axis.
- URL: In this field, you can input the path of online DICOM files to view them.
It is another good Android DICOM viewer app that anyone can use without much hassle.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014