6 Best Free Encrypted Messaging Apps For Android
Here is a list of best free encrypted messaging apps for Android. In today’s digital world, people are really concerned about their communication privacy over the internet. Most calling and messaging apps can easily be hacked to gather private messages and other data of targeted users. To tackle this problem, some companies have introduced encrypted messaging and communication apps. Using these apps, users can send and receive encrypted messages. Apart from messages, some apps can also encrypt voice calls, video calls, transferred files, images, etc. To encrypt data, most of these apps, use end-to-end encryption. By encrypting data, these apps ensure that no unauthorized user can understand the communication data.
Some of these encrypted messaging apps also use distributed networks to hide the identity of their users. To further help users protect their personal information, some of these apps don’t even need users’ personal information to create their accounts. These apps also come with various additional tools to allow users to share GIFs, location information, record video & audio calls, etc. Besides this, users can also find tools to edit images, connect to SIP network, synchronize with multiple devices, and more. Go through the list to know more about these apps.
My Favorite Encrypted Messaging App For Android:
Signal is my favorite app because it not only encrypts messages but also encrypts voice and video calls. Plus, this app can also work with slow networks.
Signal is a free open source and encrypted messaging app for Android. This app uses the state-of-the-art open-source signal protocol to keep conversations between users encrypted and secure. Apart from sending encrypted messages, users can also use it to conduct encrypted video and voice calls. Let’s take a brief look at the primary features of this app.
- End-to-End Encryption: This app uses end-to-end encryption along with the open source signal protocol to keep all the conversations and messages encrypted.
- Encrypted Voice and Video Calls: Along with messages, users can also conduct encrypted voice and video calls with multiple users at a time. Plus, it also provides high-definition video calls.
- Optimized For Constrained Networks: This app also works well with slow networks and allows users to send and receive encrypted messages without interruptions.
- Custom Alerts: In this app, users can assign custom alert tones for different users, to identify specific users by the notification alert sound.
- Image Editor: This comes with an inbuilt image editor using which users can easily crop, flip, and sketch on images. Plus, it also lets users add custom text over images before sharing them with others.
It is one of the best free encrypted messaging app for Android that allows users to securely communicate with other users.
Jami is another free open source and encrypted messaging app for Android, iOS, Windows, and Linux. Through this app, users can send encrypted text messages as it uses peer-to-peer encryption to secure all communications. Apart from messages, it also encrypts and secures video calls and audio calls. Now, check out the primary features of this encrypted messaging app.
- Secure Connection: To establish a secure connection between users, it uses peer-to-peer encryption with the forwarding secrecy technique. Plus, it also follows the X.509 standard to ensure the security of all the communications performed through this app.
- Distributed Network: It is a useful security feature of this app that transfers all the communication across different secure servers to protect users’ information.
- Anonymous: Unlike most other messaging apps, it doesn’t need any personal information to create an account that helps users remain anonymous.
- Messaging: Along with encrypted messages, users can also use them to share images and files.
- Video and Audio Calls: This app also allows users to conduct private, group, video, and audio calls.
- Record: Using it, users can record both video and audio calls and save them on their Android device.
- SIP Support: This app also lets users connect with the SIP network using their existing SIP account.
It is a capable encrypted messaging app for Android through which users can securely communicate through encrypted text messages, audio calls, and video calls.
Telegram is another free encrypted messaging app for Android, iOS, macOS, Linux, and Windows. It is another secure messaging app that uses multiple encryption methods to encrypt messages, group chats, sent media files, etc. Using this app, users can also conduct secure audio and video calls. Now, check the main features of this encrypted messaging app.
- Encryption: This app uses a combination of encryption algorithms namely 256-bit symmetric AES encryption, 2048-bit RSA encryption, and Diffie–Hellman secure key exchange to encrypt messages, sent files, group chats, etc.
- Distributed Network: It also uses distributed networks to hide the identity of its users and their personal information.
- Secure Chat: It is another handy feature that lets users send self-destructible encrypted messages.
- Chat: This app offers all the essentially private and group chat features like emoji support, file sharing, video sharing, archive file sharing, and more.
- Video and Audio Calls: Similar to other messaging apps, it also lets users communicate in real-time with one another using video and audio calls.
- Privacy: This app doesn’t share the data of its users with any third-party organization and apps.
- No Ads: This app is completely free and doesn’t show any ads on its interface.
- Synced: This app automatically synchronizes all its data across multiple devices using the same Telegram account.
It is another capable encrypted messaging app for Android that uses multiple encryption algorithms to encrypt chat messages and shared files.
WhatsApp is another free encrypted messaging app for Android and iOS. It is one of the most popular messaging apps which is used by users all over the world. This app uses end to end encryption algorithm to encrypt text messages audio calls, and video calls. Besides this, it also encrypts images and files shared between users. Let’s take a brief look at the primary features of this encrypted messaging app.
- End-to-End Encryption: Unlike most other encrypted messaging apps, this app uses end-to-end encryption on all the methods of communication between users namely text chat, voice calls, and video calls.
- Voice Messages: This app also lets users quickly record and send encrypted voice messages.
- Encrypted Files: This app can also encrypt files, images, archives, etc., transferred between users.
- WhatsApp Web: It is another handy feature that lets users chat and conduct calls directly from their desktops and laptops.
- Location Sharing: Over this app, users can also share their location with other users.
- Themes: This app supports light and dark themes that users can select according to their requirements. Besides this, a system default feature is also present in it, that automatically changes its theme according to the system theme.
It is another good encrypted messaging app for Android that encrypts all modes of communication to provide a secure communication environment to its users.
Wickr Me is another free open source and encrypted messaging app for Android. Through this app, users can send and receive encrypted messages. To encrypt data, it uses new keys and device-to-device encryption methods. Along with sending text messages, users can also use this app to send encrypted files and images to other users. Let’s take a look at the primary features of this app.
- Message and Data Encryption: This app uses a new key every time before encrypting a new message. In addition to that, it also incorporates the end to end encryption so that no other user can access and read the messages shared between two authorized users.
- No Personal Information Needed: This app doesn’t require any personal information of their users during or after the registration that helps users protect their identity.
- Don’t Save Metadata: Unlike most other messaging apps, it doesn’t save metadata associated with users’ communication.
- Shredder: When a user deletes any data or message in this app, then this app overwrites the deleted data so that no one can recover it back.
- Auto-Destruct Timer: Use it to create auto-destruct messages and files that will delete automatically from the receiver device according to the specified auto-destruct sequence configured by the sender.
- Encrypted Voice Memos: Through this feature, users can send short and encrypted voice messages to other users.
- Team Collaboration: In this app, users can create multiple teams consisting of up to 10 members.
It is another good encrypted messaging app through which users can send and receive encrypted messages, short voice messages, and files.
Viber is the next free encrypted messaging app for Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows. Similar to other encrypted messaging apps, it also uses end-to-end encryption to encrypt messages. Along with text messages, it also lets users send various interesting GIFs and stickers. Let’s take a brief look at the primary features of this app.
- Encrypted Messages: This app encrypts all the messages sent by users to each other using end to end encryption algorithm. Along with messages, it also encrypts all the stickers, GIFs, files, and images shared between users over this app.
- Secure Voice and Video: It also offers multiple layers of security over voice and video calls to ensure the privacy of the communication between two users.
- Secret Chats: It is an advanced feature that lets users send self-destructing messages which will be deleted automatically after some time.
- Group video and Audio Calls: Over this app, users can conduct video conferencing and meetings consisting of multiple users.
- Chat Extensions: It is a unique feature that lets users add extensions to help users excess links, videos, Youtube, Spotify, etc., services.
It is another good encrypted messaging app for Android that encrypts all the messages, GIFs, Stickers, and Images, etc., shared between users.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014